Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sony Freebies in July

Sony is offering a free Harlequin to those who buy two Harlequins on a Wednesday in July. Here are the the details:

Wow Every Wednesday! This July, purchase any 2 or more Harlequin eBooks of your choice on Wednesdays and we will email you a code good for a specially selected free Harlequin eBook of the week. This week: Confessions of a Duchess

Sony is also giving away Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells through 14 July.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Just got the email myself!!

Here is info link for Ya Ya!

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/reb...ooks_NR_090630

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Rebecca Wells

When Siddalee Walker, oldest daughter of Vivi Abbott Walker, Ya-Ya extraordinaire, is interviewed in the New York Times about a hit play she's directed, her mother gets described as a "tap-dancing child abuser." Enraged, Vivi disowns Sidda. Devastated, Sidda begs forgiveness, and postpones her upcoming wedding. All looks bleak until the Ya-Yas step in and convince Vivi to send Sidda a scrapbook of their...

List price: $14.99

Download for FREE until July 14th (11:59PM PDT)
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Just got the email myself!!

Here is info link for Ya Ya!

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/reb...ooks_NR_090630

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
Rebecca Wells

When Siddalee Walker, oldest daughter of Vivi Abbott Walker, Ya-Ya extraordinaire, is interviewed in the New York Times about a hit play she's directed, her mother gets described as a "tap-dancing child abuser." Enraged, Vivi disowns Sidda. Devastated, Sidda begs forgiveness, and postpones her upcoming wedding. All looks bleak until the Ya-Yas step in and convince Vivi to send Sidda a scrapbook of their...

List price: $14.99

Download for FREE until July 14th (11:59PM PDT)
Strange that one isn't even in the Kindle store
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MORE SONY FREEBIES FOR JULY

FOUND THESE OTHER TWO FREEBIE BOOKS ON SONY SITE!

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Manifold: Time by Stephen Baxter

$1.00 book is available by Kevin J. Anderson, one of his Hidden Empire books. I just searched Hidden Empire to find book.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'll snag Ya ya, and I'm super excited about the buy two get one free thing (I have some HQN books I need to buy). Yippee!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I wonder why I never get the Sony promotional e-mails? I checked the box to get them.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I wonder why I never get the Sony promotional e-mails? I checked the box to get them.
It took me FOREVER to get mine, and a few others on here were complaining they weren't getting them either. Then all of a sudden everyone started getting them. It was pretty odd. For a while a very nice user was posting the emails on here. For the most part the weekly emails doesn't have much different from the front page, but occasionally it has coupons. In the meantime, keep checking the front page, as well as the genre section you like to read. I read lots of romance, and they usually put all of the good romance deals on that page. To check for freebies, click "Bargains" on the top left, and they show up on the top of that page. That's one of my favorite things about the eBookstore, easy to find good deals!

By the way, I just bought 7 books for $11 Well I did have $15 left on a gift card, but that's even that's still good! Plus I get one more with that Harlequin deal
Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 AM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I thought this was going to be ladies month for deals/freebies at the Sony store but with the Stephen Baxter freebie the guys have something to keep them happy
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Well, I purchased two Harlequins yesterday morning and so far no freebie code....I emailed them and they tell me that I have to call. They do say purchase ANY Harlequin products NOT the most expensive ones right? I will call them later to see what they say.
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolf36 View Post
Well, I purchased two Harlequins yesterday morning and so far no freebie code....I emailed them and they tell me that I have to call. They do say purchase ANY Harlequin products NOT the most expensive ones right? I will call them later to see what they say.
I wouldn't fret yet, give them a couple of days. There was no info on the prices in the small print, so I think you're OK. The code has to be used by July 31st, so I'd really only get worried if you don't get it a few days before that. I think they'll come in the next day or two.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harlequin is really at the front of the pack when it comes to traditional publishers supporting e-books. Hats off to them.

I e-mailed Sony about not getting promotional e-mails, and they want me to call. I doubt I'll ever make time to get on the phone with them. Oh well.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Harlequin is really at the front of the pack when it comes to traditional publishers supporting e-books. Hats off to them.

I e-mailed Sony about not getting promotional e-mails, and they want me to call. I doubt I'll ever make time to get on the phone with them. Oh well.
You'll get it eventually, I think. They add people in batches. Just make sure you double check your account info first.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Thanks. I've been signed up for the newsletter for over two years, so...they must be adding very slowly. I wrote back and told them I'm not going to sit on the phone on hold so they can figure out how to send me promotional messages.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard

Got my code this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolf36 View Post

Bought my books early afternoon yesterday, and my freebie code was in my email box @ 11:32 am. So far so good!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Got my code too! Squee!