Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
kronium
kronium began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Reader Library says .doc is corrupted

Reader Library says one of my word documents is corrupted when I try to add it to the library. It opens up in word just fine. I'm running Windows7, a prs600, and the newest version of word. When I convert to an RTF, the layout is not acceptable. Any suggestions? Thanks!
kronium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
When you add a doc file to eBL, eBL simply uses Word to convert it to RTF, so one way or another you're going to end up with an RTF file. May as well just convert it yourself.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
kronium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When you add a doc file to eBL, eBL simply uses Word to convert it to RTF, so one way or another you're going to end up with an RTF file. May as well just convert it yourself.
Why does the Sony library produce correct allignment of the converted .doc, but when Word makes the RTF, some margins shift? Thank You
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No idea, I'm afraid.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
kronium

Thank you. The second time manually converting to .rtf worked!