Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
shoot. i just finished re-installing the stuff I needed to make the collections manager work with 5.3.4. If I upgrade, will I have to do it all over again? and it's such a slight advantage, too...
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
shoot. i just finished re-installing the stuff I needed to make the collections manager work with 5.3.4. If I upgrade, will I have to do it all over again? and it's such a slight advantage, too...
Both CM and JBPatch do not work on 5.3.5 (yet).... I'm not planning to upgrade as I do not find the improvements adequate to lose what I already have.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
PW 5.3.5 Update

Does it remove the screensavers hack?

Edit: never mind, it removed the jailbreak.

Last edited by Gazella; 04-26-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Does it remove the screensavers hack?

Edit: never mind, it removed the jailbreak.
No, it didn't.

It removed the Kindlet jailbreak, which is different from the device jailbreak - the latter is the important one.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #20
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I'm not planning to upgrade as I do not find the improvements adequate to lose what I already have.
This.

No way would I give up hyphenation or multiple dictionary support (thank you, ixtab!).
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
This.

No way would I give up hyphenation or multiple dictionary support (thank you, ixtab!).

Don't hold your breath though. It may take a month or two -- or even more -- before I get around to adapting CM and JBPatch to 5.3.5.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Don't hold your breath though. It may take a month or two -- or even more -- before I get around to adapting CM and JBPatch to 5.3.5.
No worries, I'm still on 5.3.3 and have locked the back door. I'm not even tempted to update.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #23
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:

If I get you a latte, could you place the hyphenation patch first on the list?
(BTW, coffee requests are not blasphemy. Caffeine and beer are ambrosia!)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
No, it didn't.

It removed the Kindlet jailbreak, which is different from the device jailbreak - the latter is the important one.
Oh ok. I thought the jailbreak got removed because I read somewhere that the update won't remove the screensavers hack but it did for me.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Caffeine and beer are ambrosia!)
Too right!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:

It's ready when it's ready That stuff is far more important to me than the Amazon update, so I don't mind waiting until it all plays nice with 5.3.5 to do the upgrade. And thank you to the team again for all your work
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #27
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
I lost the search with in book entirely. Did this happen to anyone else?
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #28
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Ive had it also

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudab View Post
I lost the search with in book entirely. Did this happen to anyone else?
I encounter this issue also , and it was not a problem with indexing , and i tried the hard reset, delete books and then put them back wait for indexing to finish but with no results...so i had to make a factory reset and then everything got back to normal
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I encounter this issue also , and it was not a problem with indexing , and i tried the hard reset, delete books and then put them back wait for indexing to finish but with no results...so i had to make a factory reset and then everything got back to normal
If I take off a book and then redownload it, the search works. But I have 800 books in my Kindle! This is such a bummer.
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote