Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
New jetBook-Lite version 0.15d

I just downloaded new jetBook-Lite version 0.15d from:
http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

This version dated on Jan 11,2010 but I think they just forget to change the date.

The previous version 0.15c had no dictionaries and search for books in .PDB format but this version has both features. I didn't find other difference yet.
If you read books in PDB format and need search or dictionary support this update can be helpful!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Still waiting for an upgrade for jB regular...
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post

This version dated on Jan 11,2010 but I think they just forget to change the date.

The previous version 0.15c had no dictionaries and search for books in .PDB format but this version has both features. I didn't find other difference yet.
If you read books in PDB format and need search or dictionary support this update can be helpful!
Could you add this info to the Firmware Update Instructions and the latest Firmware Versions "sticky"?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Could you add this info to the Firmware Update Instructions and the latest Firmware Versions "sticky"?
updated the sticky. thanks!
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Thanks for posting! I'm upgrading now.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This new 15d package only has the one .bin file and none of the other files
or folders that the older updates had. The .bin file is about the same size as
the 15 package's .bin file, so the data from the other files and folders couldn't
have just been added to the .bin file.

Anyone know what is going on? Do you need to have installed something
after the 15 package, for this new one to install?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
The other files aren't actually necessary to do a firmware upgrade. All you need is the .bin file -- in the firmware directory.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Schopenhauer
Schopenhauer is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook
Have anyone found any other changes/improvements then the ones Kralik mention in the beginning of this thread?
Schopenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
juardo
juardo began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Quote:

Do you know if it has free zoom ratio?

Last edited by juardo; 04-02-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I made a mistake
juardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juardo View Post
Do you know if it has free zoom ratio?
I see no changes in zoom if compare with previous version . It has 6 font sizes for PDB format.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
juardo
juardo began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Quote:
I see no changes in zoom if compare with previous version . It has 6 font sizes for PDB format.
Hello,

I meant for pdf files (perhaps for pictures too).

Cheers,
juardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juardo View Post
Hello,

I meant for pdf files (perhaps for pictures too).

Cheers,
I didn't find any changes for PDF files, same zoom rate:
50%
80%
100%
200%
400%
800%
1600%
3600%
6400%
Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Well no clue, all I know is if you jetbook lite is currently hanging on the logo screen the new firmware still cant be loaded because it hangs before you get to the point of firmware loading. Anyone know of ANY freaking way to load the new firmware in a case like this? With the current defect windows doesn't see it as a valid usb device so its not like I can do anything to it from my pc. I can't load firmware from my SD card. Ectaco tech support is useless. They told me for 2 weeks the new firmware would fix this problem without a return. After lying 3 times about when the new firmware would come out, now they finally change their story again and tell me to return it AGAIN. At this rate if I keep sending it back I will have more invested in shipping to return it than I spent buying the reader... I am VERY pissed off right now.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
Have anyone found any other changes/improvements then the ones Kralik mention in the beginning of this thread?
I didn't find any other changes. Just dictionaries and search for .PDB files.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
What's the deal with this 15d firmware update? There are 20 files in there when I unzip this thing, including 5 unzipped files. I think the regular 15 firmware update had like 3 folders--what am I supposed to do with these 20 files? Are they all needed? Why are there 5 unizipped files within the file after I unzip it?
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote