Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #16
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
While working on my current project, I found another source:
http://www.free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/
Nate, this is a great resource! In my line of work I often have to duplicate trademarks and hallmarks on the printed page, and after perusing through some of these offerings I see that my burden will be lessened considerably.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
While working on my current project, I found another source:
http://www.free-fonts-ttf.org/true-type-fonts/
I just wanted to point out that this site seems to be offering a number of copyrighted commercial fonts for download. Since MobileRead tries to respect the copyrights of authors, I think the same respect should be given to creators of typefaces and other software.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
I just wanted to point out that this site seems to be offering a number of copyrighted commercial fonts for download. Since MobileRead tries to respect the copyrights of authors, I think the same respect should be given to creators of typefaces and other software.
Oops. I thought it was an open licensed replica of the font.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found a source of dingbats.
http://www.dingbatpages.com/
Old 07-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

And another dingbat source (like calls to like):
http://www.dingbatdepot.com/
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Nice. Dingbats can make great section dividers.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Nice. Dingbats can make great section dividers.
That's what I was thinking.

But to get the most out of them, you should keep in mind the alternate name: printer's ornament. One use I'm trying to fulfill is chapter headings:

dingbat One dingbat

OR

One
dingbat
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

http://www.dafont.com/

Tags
fonts