Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
jcurious
jcurious began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Best free books on Amazon (yes I know you can get others other places)

I like to keep all my books in one place. My Amazon kindle repository. I've seen a few threads that talk about free boxes from outside sources, but what about books you can get from Amazon?

Also, is there a good way to search for JUST free books?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
jcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Im not sure that there is, possibly sorting by price?
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurious View Post
I like to keep all my books in one place. My Amazon kindle repository. I've seen a few threads that talk about free boxes from outside sources, but what about books you can get from Amazon?

Also, is there a good way to search for JUST free books?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Go to Kindle Books on Amazon. (I click on "books" then click on (kindle books)

Once you get there, you have a little menu on the right. by default, its ususally set to "relevance" click on it and choose "low to high"
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
And put -domain in the search box to get rid of all the public domain books.

However, be advised that this will *not* necessarily show all free ebooks at Amazon. The list is not always updated.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post

However, be advised that this will *not* necessarily show all free ebooks at Amazon. The list is not always updated.
If he wants free books, and you get rid of public domain books, you'll be left with a short list...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Why would you want to do that?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
try this link: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&node...ywords=-domain

also check out http://www.jungle-search.com/US/kindle.php
makes it easy to search amazon kindle books by price range or %off.
they also shows the current bestselling free kindle books on amazon...
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Feedbooks and Mobileread make just as good online repositories as Amazon's media library. I do not keep any of the PD books on my Kindle or PC since they are archived in many locations online. I can always redownload one if I need it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote