Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Announcing Read an E-Book Week 2009

I am pleased to announce that the 2009 version of the Read an E-Book Week website is now online at a new URL, www.ebookweek.com, with a new look, new material, and some major support and endorsements coming!

Read an E-Book Week 09, taking place this year during the week of March 8, is a non-profit effort promoting the reading of e-books from all sources and with any hardware or software you prefer. The site provides valuable information regarding the history and future of e-books, the environmental value of reading digital books, and the state of the e-book world. The site includes a list of the partners promoting REBW09 (soon to be updated from the 2008 list), and promotional materials (including ad banners) that webmasters can use on their site.

Rita Toews, founder of Read an E-Book Week, has been working hard over the past year promoting the cause. As a result, she's caught the interest of prominent companies in the e-book field, including Sony and the E Ink corporation, as well as a generous donation from gogreenreade.com. Expect to see tie-ins from these and other companies working to promote e-books for all.

I have also returned to the fold this year, providing my services in producing the new REBW09 website for Rita, and in offering my own deal--a FREE Steve Jordan e-book--during Read an E-Book Week. Similar deals will be coming from other authors and publishers, so stay tuned!

Check out the new Read an E-Book Week site, and help spread the word!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
They sell only for Kindle?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
So far -- so it appears.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
They don't mention MobileRead, Feedbooks, Manybooks, or any other source of free books except Project Gutenberg -- and Gutenberg's books aren't formatted for ease in reading.

But, I'm copying a banner to put onto my reading blog for the duration.

I'd also like to see a list of "activities" during the week. Give-aways, challenges, read-alongs, etc.

Last edited by Elsi; 01-07-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read an E-Book Week provides the Kindle "store" only as a hit-generating source... IOW, it does not get any revenue from sales of those books. It is still building its list of partners and promoters, and hopefully more of the e-book stores and publishers you mentioned will be on-board this year.
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Activities Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
They don't mention MobileRead, Feedbooks, Manybooks, or any other source of free books except Project Gutenberg -- and Gutenberg's books aren't formatted for ease in reading.

But, I'm copying a banner to put onto my reading blog for the duration.

I'd also like to see a list of "activities" during the week. Give-aways, challenges, read-alongs, etc.
Great idea for a challenge and read-along! Why not start that on your blog.

And thanks for the suggestions about adding MobileRead and Feedbooks as free sources of reading material. They've been added to the "reader" pages of the Read an E-Book Week website.

You'll notice that we've started collecting "give-aways" on our "partners" page.

Elsi - once you've confirmed you've placed a banner on your blog, and the read-along challenge as an activity, send me a post on the Read An E-Book Week website and I'll list your blog location on the "partners" page. That's just the kind of thing we want to see happen during the week!

Anyone else have an idea for an activity?

Rita Toews
Read an E-book Week
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
E-Book Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I'm trying to find other e-book stores I can link to for Read an E-Book Week but it's pretty difficult. I've contacted several other affilitate programs but still no luck. I really wish Fictionwise would allow that type of thing. I've tried contacting them several times without any luck.

Anyone have a way to reach them with the idea?

Rita Toews
http://www.ebookweek.com
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Since I realized I hadn't specified here, I'd like to officially announce that Berserker, the precursor story to my upcoming novel The Lens, will be available for FREE during Read an E-Book Week.

Berserker will also be made available for free in the Stanza store, in a special catalog of free material prepared especially for REBW09.

Looking forward to the new novel? Make sure you read the first story!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of your story previously, so I went looking. Well, in short, I didn't feel like waiting until March 8th, so I bought the book. It sounded like a story I'd enjoy (and is so far).
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfox View Post
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of your story previously, so I went looking. Well, in short, I didn't feel like waiting until March 8th, so I bought the book. It sounded like a story I'd enjoy (and is so far).
Glad you're enjoying it! And for the record, The Lens will be out next week! Possibly before the weekend is out!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Almost here!

Awaiting 7PM (Midnight GMT) to push the button...
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

....aaaannnndddddd......

BAM! Read an E-Book Week is here!

(Well, if you go by Greenwich Mean Time, that is...)

You know what that means: If you haven't gotten your copy of Berserker yet, now's the time!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
You know what that means: If you haven't gotten your copy of Berserker yet, now's the time!
Just popped it onto my Kindle and away we go.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
1. How do I get my copy?

2. The site is pretty.. but just a little nit. All the links are yellow. Fine. But, there is alot of yellow text that are not links. Very frustrating! Also, things that look like buttons aren't buttons.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
1. How do I get my copy?
Just go to http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/ and you can download it from there.

I'm about half way through and enjoying it so far.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e ink, promotion, read an e-book week, sony, stevejordanbooks