Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #1
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
Still Waiting for my Cybook

After reading all the good comments about Cybook, decided to finally buy one. Placed the order to Bookeen direct last June 9. After 6 days, there is stii no word or email/tracking number from them.I sent them an email today.What's the normal time span between ordering and receiving the reader. I am based in Bahrain ( Middle East). Appreciate any comments.
Cheers
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Hi

You need to chase this up. I don't know what the delivery times are like to the Middle East, but you should have had an order confirmation from Bookeen almost immediately - are you sure it's not caught up in a spam filter somewhere?

FWIW, I had my confirmation from Bookeen as soon as I placed the order - literally within a minute or two of the payment clearing. I then had an email from Fedex on the day it shipped, a couple of working days later.

If you haven't had an email confirming the order, it sounds like there's been some kind of glitch in the process. Persevere; it's worth it!

HTH, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
wizard327

Hi Pete, Thanks for responding. Yes, I got an immediate order confirmation from Bookeen maybe 5 minutes after placing my order. Getting impatient maybe.Anyway, I still got my 1150.Just can't wait to try the new ereader
Cheers
Old 06-15-2008, 03:36 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It clearly states on the web site: "the average delay between order and shipment is 12 business days." Don't you think you're being a little "premature" in chasing it after only 6 days?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
wizard327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It clearly states on the web site: "the average delay between order and shipment is 12 business days." Don't you think you're being a little "premature" in chasing it after only 6 days?
Thanks Harry. You're right. I'm just not too sure what they meant by....." order and shipment is 12 business days." Does it mean that they will ship the cybook only after 12 days max. Would have been clearer if they mention order and receipt within 12 days average. Cheers.
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 04:42 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It means that, on average, they will ship your Gen3 12 business days after they receive your order. If it's any help, with my recent order, it was about 10 days. There's no need to worry - if you've got an order acknowledgement you WILL get your Gen3. You'll get a FedEx tracking email when it ships.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
wizard327

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It means that, on average, they will ship your Gen3 12 business days after they receive your order. If it's any help, with my recent order, it was about 10 days. There's no need to worry - if you've got an order acknowledgement you WILL get your Gen3. You'll get a FedEx tracking email when it ships.
Great! Shall keep my fingers crossed and pray that it will arrive within 10 days
Cheers Harry
Old 06-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
ddaneel
ddaneel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I live in UK and waited for 9 nine days. Also got impatient after 1 week and emailed them for information, without any answer. Then I also noticed the message on the website, but let's face it, customer support is definitively not a strong point for bookeen.

The device finally paid back the waiting time. If only I had got the cover too
ddaneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Maybe you should have tried a reseller. www.apolloxxi.com ships in 2 days. And you'll receive the Essential Library I or II, for free.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
wizard327

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaneel View Post
I live in UK and waited for 9 nine days. Also got impatient after 1 week and emailed them for information, without any answer. Then I also noticed the message on the website, but let's face it, customer support is definitively not a strong point for bookeen.

The device finally paid back the waiting time. If only I had got the cover too
I should have ordered the cover too
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
wizard327

Just an update, Bookeen has shipped my Cybook only on June 23 ( 14 days after I ordered). It is due to arrive in Bahrain on June 25 at 8 PM ( 5 PM GMT). I should receive it the following day.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post
Just an update, Bookeen has shipped my Cybook only on June 23 ( 14 days after I ordered). It is due to arrive in Bahrain on June 25 at 8 PM ( 5 PM GMT). I should receive it the following day.
There are only 9 business days between 9th and 23rd June, so they are well within their stated time limits .
Old 06-24-2008, 03:35 AM   #13
wizard327

Thanks Harry. Couldn't wait to get my hands on my new toy. Already converted some of my pdf books to mobi in preparation. I just hope it arrives without any damage. Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #14
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Courage... it's just a bit more of one day!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #15
wizard327

Finally!!! The long wait is over. My cybook arrived today ( June 25, 2008).First impression-- it is so thin and display looks great. Checked the build number; it is 681. Do I need to upgrade to 685?