Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Remove "*.original_epub" files from Calibre library

I have many "*.original_epub" files in my Calibre library.

How/when were they created?

What is a safe way to remove them?

Thanks,

CJ
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I have many "*.original_epub" files in my Calibre library.

How/when were they created?

What is a safe way to remove them?

Thanks,

CJ
Calibre creates them (option to turn that off in tweaks) when you convert from-> to the same format, Use the Editor

To remove ANY format, use ONLY Calibre to do so.

In the Tag Browser: Formats: <Select a original_*>

Now Select all (of the answers) in the spreadsheet: right click: Remove files of a SPECIFIC FORMAT:<the format>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Chris Jones
Addict
Chris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five wordsChris Jones can name that ebook in five words

Device: none
Jolly good! Since I had over 3,000 of those, you just saved me c. 3G of storage... and a lot of time & bandwidth when I upload my backups to the cloud.

Thanks for quick reply!

CJ
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You could just avoid making them in the first place. See the tweaks within calibre preferences.

Preferences|Advanced|Tweaks.

Quote:
#: Save original file when converting/polishing from same format to same format
# When calibre does a conversion from the same format to the same format, for
# example, from EPUB to EPUB, the original file is saved, so that in case the
# conversion is poor, you can tweak the settings and run it again. By setting
# this to False you can prevent calibre from saving the original file.
# Similarly, by setting save_original_format_when_polishing to False you can
# prevent calibre from saving the original file when polishing.
save_original_format = True
save_original_format_when_polishing = True
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote