Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #106
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I would also love to see Kenneth Roberts' historical novels here as epubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm surprised that I haven't seen any of Kenneth Roberts' historical novels anywhere (not referring specifically to MR). By my admittedly limited knowledge on the subject, his 1957 death should place his works in the public domain in Life+50 countries, no? I've seen a few of his pre-1923 essays, but none of his historical novels. Am I missing some technicality of copyright law that is keeping these works out of Canadian PD?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #107
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
More of Nevil Shute, please!
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #108
raymondmathiesen
Banned
raymondmathiesen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am after a free ebook (PDF, MOBI, EPUB) of The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty by James Thurber? Can you upload?
raymondmathiesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #109
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Unlikely. It is not PD in the US, and while now PD in Canada, there has been a lot of infighting behind the scenes over producing US books that have gone PD in Canada, even if done by Canadian citizens...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #110
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Hmmm, this question interests me strangely ...
Ralph Sir Edward, can you provide any details of said infighting? a link?

I ask because I wanted to convert and upload some Thurber pieces, including "Mitty", (if I ever finish my current endless project), and PM'ed HarryT whether they were safe to upload (I had done some checking, and the heirs have been duly diligent about renewing U.S. copyright on almost every Thurber work). His view was that it should be ok to upload them.

Now I'm nervous again. More information would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 12-14-2012 at 12:01 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #111
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
More of Nevil Shute, please!
Nevil Shute's books are NOT in the UK public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #112
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
Hmmm, this question interests me strangely ...
Ralph Sir Edward, can you provide any details of said infighting? a link?

I ask because I wanted to convert and upload some Thurber pieces, including "Mitty", (if I ever finish my current endless project), and PM'ed HarryT whether they were safe to upload (I had done some checking, and the heirs have been duly diligent about renewing U.S. copyright on almost every Thurber work). His view was that it should be ok to upload them.

Now I'm nervous again. More information would be highly appreciated.
Grannygrump, please PM George H, who did the Lester Dent Doc Savages. And look at the notes on the #55 Doc Savage adventure.

Note: George H's Dashiell Hammets were taken down by Alex, for example...
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #113
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I would also love to see Kenneth Roberts' historical novels here as epubs.
1957 puts them in Life + 50 PD.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #114
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does that mean they became public domain in 2007?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
1957 puts them in Life + 50 PD.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #115
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Only in countries with Life + 50 copyright duration. It would still be under copyright elsewhere...
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #116
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
No, on 1st Jan 2008, but (as has already been said) only in countries like Canada which have a life+50 copyright term.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #117
castoyle
castoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ken Roberts is a Canadian children's author. Kenneth Roberts is an American historical fiction/non-fiction author specializing in the American Revolution and for whatever reason still not availalbe in ebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm surprised that I haven't seen any of Kenneth Roberts' historical novels anywhere (not referring specifically to MR). By my admittedly limited knowledge on the subject, his 1957 death should place his works in the public domain in Life+50 countries, no? I've seen a few of his pre-1923 essays, but none of his historical novels. Am I missing some technicality of copyright law that is keeping these works out of Canadian PD?
castoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #118
castoyle
castoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ken Roberts is a Canadian children's author. The Kenneth Roberts referred to here is an American historical fiction/non-fiction author specializing in the American Revolution and for whatever reason still not availalbe in ebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, they are in the Canadian public domain.
castoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #119
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

Kenneth Roberts's book Arundel is now available for sale at all the usual outlets. I emailed the publisher (Down East Books) to ask if his other books will soon be available too.

NOTE: Just heard back from Down East Books. They do not have the rights to all of KR's books, so they don't know what other ebooks they will be releasing other than Arundel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoyle View Post
Ken Roberts is a Canadian children's author. The Kenneth Roberts referred to here is an American historical fiction/non-fiction author specializing in the American Revolution and for whatever reason still not availalbe in ebook.

Last edited by dandelioncottage; 02-20-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: New information from publisher
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #120
thegrendel
thegrendel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Jules Verne: The Begum's Fortune

I'd very much like to see a decent English translation of this
posted as an epub. The original is clearly in the Public Domain,
but translations?
thegrendel is offline   Reply With Quote