Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #31
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Do you think how many customers were pissed, because Nooks were sold at much higher price on tv shopping channel as a holiday special? My neighbor old lady is still very mad, she was a regular BN customer. After she found she paid $50 higher than the list price, she complained and learned BN was in with shopping channel. Books-a-million gets her business now.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I'd kind of have to say it's her fault for not shopping around. With my last car purchase, I went to one dealership and test drove a car. They wanted too much, so I went to another dealership and bought the same car for $2,000 less. That's called smart shopping. If I would've bought the car at the first dealership, would that give me the right to be mad and bad-mouth Hyundai?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #33
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
It could be that the neighbor in question does not have a way to get around to different places to comparison shop. However, I don't think it's the manufacturer that is raising the prices on those shopping channels. A lot of the times it is the channels themselves that are upping the price for a larger profit. It is them that she should be upset with.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #34
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
(By the way, I would love for someone to confirm for me whether B&N allows downloads from the browser without either a Nook or Nook app registered.)
Yes, I just did it. My PC asks what program I want to use to open it. I selected ADE and after entering name and credit card was able to read it and save to library.

I tried another book and opened it directly into Calibre.

Last edited by Fbone; 03-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #35
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by geormes View Post
Are Amazon gift cards obtained/used differently from Barnes and Nobel's?

I have bought books(and other items) on Amazon. Even when using a gift card, to my knowledge, at some point, someone used a credit card.
You can buy Amazon gift cards at a variety of drugstores and supermarkets. With cash. Probably at other retailers but those two I have personally seen in several chains and states.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #36
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You can buy Amazon gift cards at a variety of drugstores and supermarkets. With cash. Probably at other retailers but those two I have personally seen in several chains and states.
You do realize you can buy Nook gift cards in stores also, right?
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You do realize you can buy Nook gift cards in stores also, right?
True. But the recipient, or you, still have to have a credit card on file with BN. You don't at Amazon.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
True. But the recipient, or you, still have to have a credit card on file with BN. You don't at Amazon.
Which, I believe was the whole point of the question: the ability of people without credit cards to buy Nooks and Nook ebooks. The B&N social DRM may be minimally intrussive for credit card owners but not everybody has a credit card.
That can be a major hurdle for international Nook sales. Especially with hardware sold via B&M partners.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote