Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Thestens
Thestens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unable to find books sent to Paperwhite via calibre

New to Kindle and Calibre and can't seem to send books to Paperwhite from Calibre. I am sure the answer is there somewhere in the forum but so many threads to search.
The books are in the Calibre Library they are .Mobi files and the Kindle is acknowledged by the program . I select send to device and get message that book sent but cannot find it on Paperwhite. What can I be doing wrong?
Thestens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Thestens
Thestens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help

Posted another thread on this but not getting any replies. How do I send books from Calibre to Paperwhite. I follow the instructions and get messages saying that it has sent books but cant see them on Paperwhite what am I doing wrong?
Thestens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do you see the book on the filesystem on the paperwhite?

P.S. Posting a new thread is not going to get you more answers, but providing more information about what happened usually will.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestens View Post
How do I send books from Calibre to Paperwhite.
Exactly as you stated in post one. Highlight the books you want to send and click the Send to device icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestens View Post
I follow the instructions and get messages saying that it has sent books but cant see them on Paperwhite what am I doing wrong?
I have never used a PW but my guesses are that the PW might take some time to index the new books so they show or you are looking in the wrong place. I believe if sending via USB the books show up under personal documents.

Maybe someone who uses a PW can weigh in. While you wait read this thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-20-2014 at 01:53 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to Devices sub-forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
FWIW, I have never had a problem with moving AZW3 books to my PW until my old PW got replaced because of a white pixel problem. Now, on the new one, I have consistent problems whenever I add a book. I'm thinking of trying a complete wipe of the Kindle. I even opened up a case with Amazon, though they haven't gotten back to me with any result yet.

This is absolutely not a problem if I manually move a book from Windows to the PW via USB manually. It's ONLY a problem if I move it via Calibre. So something is going on here that is causing the issue.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #7
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Was this problem ever solved?

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Only by wiping the Paperwhite. So far it hasn't returned but I'm not really all that hopeful that it won't at some point.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
andreadavison
andreadavison began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
I'm having a similar problem.... it worked perfectly up until the latest calibre update. Email jobs say finished but the books don't appear. I've even tried converting to mobi via Calibre and dragging and dropping from Windows. The books appear but PW can't open them so I have to delete. Any ideas please?
andreadavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Apparently a corrupted file can cause this. Reset the Kindle to "new" condition and add books back as and when you're ready to read them.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #11
andreadavison
andreadavison began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Reset and removed all books from device - even did the one by one thing in Amazon/ManageMyKindle....most books went back on no problem apart from the newer ones which although they loaded onto the Paperwhite, they wouldn't open. What I think is happening is that MOBI conversion isn't working as when I tried a conversion from EPUB to AZW instead, they opened no problem. Hope this helps.
andreadavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paperwhite, sending books to devices