Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Limiting which metadafields are added for a new book

I'm wondering if there's a way in Calibre to choose which metadata fields the program extracts when adding a new book to the library. Specifically, I'm trying to find a way to exclude "Rating" metadata from being added to Calibre.

To be clear, I am not talking about when you download metadata from the Edit Metadata screen. I'm strictly talking about when you first add a book to your library, and based on either embedded data or a preexisting .opf Calibre automatically fills in metadata fields (Title, Author, Tags, Publisher, etc). Given that it's functionality that is offered in the "Download Metadata" settings, I would think that it's also functionality available upon adding a new book, but I haven't been able to find it. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Or where should I be looking other than the "Add Books" settings in "Preferences"?
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I'm wondering if there's a way in Calibre to choose which metadata fields the program extracts when adding a new book to the library. Specifically, I'm trying to find a way to exclude "Rating" metadata from being added to Calibre.
The option you're inquiring about doesn't exist. I believe the only way to limit metadata added when adding books is by unchecking "Read metadata from file contents rather than file name" feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You can easily remove ratings in bulk metadata edit window
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote