Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
marlab64
marlab64 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Help please!

Brand new Nook owner here..(love it, btw) I was able to register for the Free Library of Philadelphia and they have e-books available for download. Can someone please explain exactly how to do this? Can I download directly from the Nook if I went to the web from my Nook? I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks,
Marla
marlab64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlab64 View Post
Brand new Nook owner here..(love it, btw) I was able to register for the Free Library of Philadelphia and they have e-books available for download. Can someone please explain exactly how to do this? Can I download directly from the Nook if I went to the web from my Nook? I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks,
Marla
You'll need to download with Adobe Digital Editions and then 'side load' them to your nook by hooking it up via USB and using ADE to transfer the books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
marlab64

Can you help me out by explaining "side load"? I've downloaded Adobe, located the book, hooked up my Nook to the computer but now have no idea how to get it to the Nook!!

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Check out the video mos posted, it should help...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73668
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
marlab64

Finally!!!!! Thanks so much for your help! How exciting not have to pay for EVERY book I might want to read.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
LoriGith
LoriGith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300, Nook, Nook Tablet, Sony 350
I went ahead and popped for the Nook this morning. I'm trying to let it charge, but I did try sideloading my epub books from my Sony ereader onto the Nook, via ADE, (I used your instructions, thanks!)

Where do I find these books? All I can find are my B&N books. I'm pretty sure they transferred, because it told me they were already there. I'd previously tried to simply drag the file to the Nook icon on my laptop.

I know I'm just not looking in the right place.

Lori
LoriGith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGith View Post
I went ahead and popped for the Nook this morning. I'm trying to let it charge, but I did try sideloading my epub books from my Sony ereader onto the Nook, via ADE, (I used your instructions, thanks!)

Where do I find these books? All I can find are my B&N books. I'm pretty sure they transferred, because it told me they were already there. I'd previously tried to simply drag the file to the Nook icon on my laptop.

Lori
You are probably putting the ebooks in the wrong folder. Put them in the "my documents" folder. Only the books that are downloaded from B&N go into the "my B&N downloads".

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriGith View Post

Lori
The books are actually copied to a Digital Editions folder in main memory on the nook.

In order for you to see and read the book on the nook, go to My Library and then select View My Documents - If you do not see your books, then select check for new content.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Marlab. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
You are probably putting the ebooks in the wrong folder. Put them in the "my documents" folder. Only the books that are downloaded from B&N go into the "my B&N downloads".

~eddie
What he said. Very important!

And WELCOME to MobileRead!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
marlab64

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to have your company, Marlab. Best wishes. Neil
Glad to be here!!! I am so in love with my Nook!