Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
ronlizpatsimon
Enthusiast
ronlizpatsimon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Email Setup using Tiscali (TalkTalk)

I have spent some hours trying to follow the official instrucctions for setting up. When it checks for incoming settings, it never finds the server!
If anywone else has Tiscali; please let me know how to achieve a connection.
I can get emails on my Nokia Smartphone on Tiscali (but I do have to send a reply using another email address) (Yahoo or Hotmail)
ronlizpatsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I could not get the Vox's email app to work with my email address either. No big deal, because that's not what I'd be using the Vox for 99% of the time. I have several Gmail addresses and the Gmail app works and I can also access my webmail with the browser if necessary.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
ronlizpatsimon
Enthusiast

Thank you "oldyellr" for your input.
I note that you did not say if your provider was Tiscali (TalkTalk). I suspect not.
Yes, I agree that one can get round the problem by accessing emails from say "www.mail2web.com"
However, it would be nice to get a warning that a new email has arrived.
I do not have a Gmail address. Yes, I could acquire one. However; most of my contacts would continue to use the Tiscali one. If I did sign up on the Vox for a Gmail account; could I then add my Tiscali and others, so that I get them all coming up on the same account, with a notification of their arrival?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
gMail does have the ability to retrieve eMails from other servers; take a look at the Settings portion of the gMail web site (the gear) and then at the "Accounts and Imports" section.

Here you can define various POP3 servers to retrieve eMail from. The gMail server then retrieves eMail, and in turn, the Android eMail App would get the eMail from gMail.

Last edited by PeterT; 12-27-2011 at 03:18 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Read this thread abbout setting up multiple emails on the vox...I have 2 gmails and the web-based version from my service provider (same as my outlook express which I no longer use so that they are all stored on the Rogers mail server instead of my computer.)
The instructions work fantastically!
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...ox+email+setup
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
ronlizpatsimon
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone.
I have managed to set up a corporate gmail account on the Vox now and that gives me audible warning of an incoming mail. I did not suceed in getting my other email accouts to join it but I cannot spend more time trying.