Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
artcon
artcon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Custom fonts K4

I'm driving myself crazy trying to get custom fonts on my K4 NT.

I've installed the font hack and have changed the system fonts, but how do I change the font in the actual books? Because I thought they would change along with the system fonts but it still shows just the regular, condensed, sans serif options.
artcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Moved to the Dev corner.

----

If you got the fonts switched at the framework level, but not in books, you're probably checking with KF8 books. The changes needed to affect KF8 books aren't enabled by default (for various reasons, check the Fonts hack doc). You'll have to check out the doc, and enable that (hint: "Fonts" > "Font Hack Behavior" > "Tweak KF8 & Browser fonts" button in KUAL).

On a sidenote: you won't ever get more choices in the Aa menu on a K4. That (was) a K5 feature, before Amazon killed it (for various mostly sensible reasons).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-11-2014 at 04:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
artcon
artcon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I'm an idiot, thanks so much!
artcon is offline   Reply With Quote