Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
Dan__
Connoisseur
Dan__ began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Simple Touch
Novice - Need help with user stylesheet

Hello,
In the viewer I've pasted the stuff below in as the CSS. As you can see I've changed the color to 255,255,255 to see if anything would happen because I've not been able to detect any change the the viewer when I change the margins or line spacing. There must be something simple but non-obvious that I am not doing. From reading all the descriptions in the CSS thread, this should have changed the appearance of the viewer but it does not.

Thank you,

body {color:rgb(255,255,255);
background-color:rgb(174,174,174);
text-align:justify;
line-spacing:1.8;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:4px;
margin-right:50px;
margin-left:50px;
text-indent:3em;}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
{color:black;
text-align:center;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:bold;}
Dan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Dan__
Connoisseur
Dan__ began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan__ View Post
Hello,
In the viewer I've pasted the stuff below in as the CSS. As you can see I've changed the color to 255,255,255 to see if anything would happen because I've not been able to detect any change the the viewer when I change the margins or line spacing. There must be something simple but non-obvious that I am not doing. From reading all the descriptions in the CSS thread, this should have changed the appearance of the viewer but it does not.

Thank you,

body {color:rgb(255,255,255);
background-color:rgb(174,174,174);
text-align:justify;
line-spacing:1.8;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:4px;
margin-right:50px;
margin-left:50px;
text-indent:3em;}
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
{color:black;
text-align:center;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:bold;}
Apparently line-spacing is no longer a valid CSS command. It is now line-height.

Perhaps it's time to update the obsolete suggestions on the CSS thread so that all of us novices don't go crazy trying to solve the wrong problems.

Just a thought.
Dan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
When the viewer is open click on the preferences icon in the toolbar. This will allow you to change most items. The margins can not be adjusted unless you are in Paged Mode, click the yellow scroll in the top right corner to enter Paged Mode.

Quote:
Perhaps it's time to update the obsolete suggestions on the CSS thread so that all of us novices don't go crazy trying to solve the wrong problems.
When this thread was started there wasn't a large varied preferences for the viewer available to alter the look and feel. Most of the CSS suggestions probably still work, but I bet some of the suggestions never did work.

Good Reading.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-27-2013 at 06:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, userstylesheet, viewer