Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
"Leatherbound" book serches

I spotted Leatherbound in LifeHacker and it's supposed to make life easier for us as well as saving us money.

LifeHacker is, generly, a very good site, but in this case they couldn't be farther off the mark.

The opening page (as of this moment) of Leatherbound lists "The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" so I searched on that title and receiver this selection to choose from.
Kindle - $0.00
Nook . - $9.99
iBooks - (unavailable)

Checking with AddAll Ebook there are 64 listings. On top of that you can also select other choices such as "Kindle" only.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
It looks like LifeHacker hasn't told enough of the story to really cover this one...there's a better write-up on Wired.

Leatherbound.me was made last weekend - from start to finish in 48 hours. It's not complete and still has some bugs. It's part of the Rails Rumble competition to produce the most useful/coolest/whatever website in 48 hours.

The team has quite a few bug fixes prepared already, but can't push them until the judging completes on the 23rd.

These folks are friends and colleagues of mine from Western Washington University.

I like the idea. If they can fix the issues of properly identifying books (by UPC and not title), this will be a neat product.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I have to apologize (to whomever).

Thanks to you, I discovered a fascinating site.

Although I had read the caveat at the top of the screen for Leatherbound, I didn't follow any of the links, and just judged it as it was.

My hat off to everyone that participated in the event.

Thanks, nikkie.

PS - the 2007 winner looks like a winner (bad pun intended). Try out Tasty Planner. Not perfect, but fun and useful.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote