Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Not charging properly

While I was away on vacation, I decided to charge the Cybook. It was at 60%. I used the USB adapter I bought with it. Less than an hour later I noticed the light had gone out on the Cybook. There was no way it was recharged, so I unplugged the Cybook and then plugged it back in. This time it stayed lit for hours. I thought it was the adapter, but the same thing happened after I got home and charged it through the computer. It certainly would explain why my battery doesn't last as long with the new update (708)- it isn't fully charged even though the gauge says 100%. I always used to plug it in and forget about it; I guess I can't do that anymore.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Is this a fairly new device? Sometimes the battery needs to go through a few charging cycles to calibrate itself properly.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
GoneNova
Enthusiast

Bought it back in Dec. when it first came out. Since then I have used it every day, and until this update I went for almost a week without needing to charge it. I just wish I knew why it stops accepting a charge when it's obviously not fully powered. I installed 708 about two months ago when it was first released. I would think by now that it would be calibrated correctly.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNova View Post
Bo I installed 708 about two months ago when it was first released. I would think by now that it would be calibrated correctly.

That would only be the case if you really cycled it a few times from full to empty. If you kept it cycling between 60% and 100% it still does not 'know' what 0% is. The discharging of this type of battery is not linear. So you can't say something like: From 100->80 takes a day. So from 80->0 takes another 4 days
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
GoneNova
Enthusiast

Thanks Ortep- Now I understand. It's only run down completely one time. I always plug it in when it gets to 40%. A bit of a compulsion I guess- I never let the gas tank on my car go below half either.
Advert