Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@atjnjk - I don't see any sort of tooltip swapping behaviour, nor would I expect to?

@crutledge - as DiapDealer says it is very difficult to diagnose these things with only the "after the fact" result so we can't replicate the same steps. However I will say in this case it looks like the cause is that you did not correctly case your anchor links for those images in your LoI page. If you don't get that right and then split, those links will effectively be orphaned. I merged your pages back together, did a find replace of #image with #Image and then re-split, and it all works as expected.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
@kiwidude: Mayhap it was fixed after v0.5.907. I downloaded that beta version and run it in a VM, the tooltip for DotAll option is "For Regex searches, prefix your search with (?U).", likewise, Minimal Match's tooltip is "... (?s)." That's why I said "magically", I don't understand why they can be swapped.
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #33
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@atjnk - sorry I think I understand you now. You mean the tooltips are just plain wrong. You confused me as you made it sound as though they swap over time as you hover or something. They will get corrected for the next release.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #34
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Could you provide some text that you are trying to match?

EDIT: I'm not sure what text you are matching, but if I use the following then I do see a difference in 0.5.906 and 0.5.907 (.e. it change to ndash in 906 but not the current beta). Will look into it.

<p>Chapitre - 1</p>
Hello,

Text is following:

<p>Chapitre IX Title of the chapter</p>

I'm looking for any instance where no ndash (sourrounded by blanks) is between the latin number and "Title", and want omit any instance, where the ndash is already there.
  • The dashes in search and replace are all ndashes and i missed the \2 at the end of the replace (only here)
  • Of course I use 907
  • The coursor is located properly, the blank and the "T" from title is selected.
  • Replace all works as i exspected, so i assume, that there is no error in the regex-code itself.

Addendum: I tried the same with normal dashes, the result is the same

Last edited by mmat1; 10-15-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
kiwidude

@mmat1 - yeah we know exactly what the problem is, and it will only be an issue with regexes involving using the /K switch or other lookbehind style assertions.

Sigil 0.5.907 had a change made to F&R to address several legacy nasties, including intermittently replacing the wrong text or with \1 etc. Unfortunately that fix put in place is now "too strict" for this /K flag to work successfully. So we need to come up with a compromise between the approaches without letting the bugs come back or restricting what expressions can be used.

The reason why Replace All works is because it does the replace in a different way that does not involve selections and cursor positions on the screen (which are the cause of all the complications and issues that occur with an interactive Replace).
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@mmat1 - yeah we know exactly what the problem is, and it will only be an issue with regexes involving using the /K switch or other lookbehind style assertions.
OK, good to know. In future i will bravely hit "replace all"
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
kiwidude

@mmat1 - Saving first of course just in case you made a mistake in your expression since there is no undo with Replace All...

You can still use the "Find" functionality of course to test it, it is just the Replace or Replace/Find buttons will not work with a lookbehind style expression. We will make sure it is fixed for 0.6.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@mmat1 - Saving first of course just in case you made a mistake in your expression since there is no undo with Replace All...

You can still use the "Find" functionality of course to test it, it is just the Replace or Replace/Find buttons will not work with a lookbehind style expression. We will make sure it is fixed for 0.6.
Save early, save often, use different slots... is always a good idea.

An undo work, but only in "Current-file" mode
Old 10-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
albertikm
albertikm began at the beginning.

Device: fbreader / sgs3
Unfortunately, my attempts to try this version out on my Mac have been unsuccessful. I filed a bug if it helps:

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=1672
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #40
kiwidude

@albertkim - Only OSX 10.7 or later is now supported with Sigil.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #41
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Probably need to take a look at the original html before you started editing with Sigil. I'd wager to say you did some file-splitting, as well.
I took your comments seriously.
I do build the book in html and insert <hr class="sigil_split_marker" /> where I want them.

I have tried 3 files in sigil. The first bombed, the second worked fine, and the third bombed.

I have searched all these files until I'm cross-eyed and can find no essential differences.

My procedure is to get the html file where I want it, load to Sigil, press F6. Gemerate TOC and go from there. Validation only complains about the HTML Tidy entry.

If you would be so kind, please look at the attached working folder containing the html, images, css, and the epub generated.

I hope that it is one of those Head Slappers.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Bikey the Skicycle.rar (2.62 MB, 127 views)

Last edited by crutledge; 10-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #42
kiwidude

@crutledge - the problem is exactly the same as what I pointed out to you above - you have a case sensitivity issue with your LOI anchor links. They are broken - anchors are case sensitive. See how they don't work even before you do any splitting.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #43
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The file com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml is moved from the META-INF directory to the Misc directory. It used to be left alone and although I hardly use it, but to force iBooks to do stuff it is required. It did work correctly in the past (closed issue 793).
Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #44
kiwidude

@Toxaris - that "Misc directory" is just a visual thing when seen in Sigil. When you actually save the ePub, the behaviour is the same as previous of retaining it into the META-INF directory? Or at least that is how it behaves for me, and this behaviour is all identical to Sigil 0.5.3?

Sigil still doesn't handle these particular files very "well", in that you can't edit or add them. But if they are present it should effectively ignore them.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #45
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Will check when I am home.
Closed Thread