Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
leobueno
leobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-books

Device: hanlin
Leo's Void for Hanlin

Leo' Void for Hanlin v3

Default language is english.

This program is a porting of Leo's Void for readers of books Jinke Hanlin V3 (papyro, Bebook, lbook, etc).

To install simply copy the program folder Leo's Void to the SD card. Then using the BookShelf open the folder and select Leo's Void.exe

The program starts from any location, provided that all files are in the same directory as the executable.

It's a star map with two types of displays. Horizontal (Where you see the sky as seen by the observer) and the Equator.

Objects can be searched by name.

You can move the view with the keys 0, 9, pag forward, rewind pag.

Download:

http://www.leobueno.net

Enjoy.
leobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Wow, thanks for that. Of course you need a red light. How about a V5 version?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you got a decode chart for the various keys and what they do? I see the 9/0 moves left and right while the next/prev keys go up and down. The 8 (zoom) function zooms in (and will circle) while the 3 key seems to go the other direction in zooming.

One thing I have noticed is that the zoom can stack keystrokes so when it finally finishes it can get past the zoom level you want. How can you enter the lat/lon you want?

It seems it works best if the unit was turned off before starting it, otherwise it may hang.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Ha, I found the entry for lat/lon. It was on the OK button. Use the next/prev keys to navigate the page (which is also true for the time and date page)
Old 10-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Excellent addition. A small point - although the default language is English the About screen, which describes the key functions, appears to be in Spanish ?
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

I have been messing around with this and left it on overnight. In the morning I think my batteries were run down and the internal file system was corrupted. I suspect the normal shutdown of the processor doesn't happen so be careful. I ran a checkdisk to recover the filesystem after charging the unit.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
I asked this over in the Astak forum but its equally relevant here and Leo is the one person who I'm sure actually knows some answers:

It appears to be possible to write programs directly for the Hanlin v3 and v5 (which are the same as the EZ Reader and Pocket Pro). (See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59191 for one such program.)

There are a bunch of obvious utilities it would be useful to have on the EZ Reader and the Pocket Pro. For example, a program that lets you select a file on the device or SD card and delete or rename it, or a program that lets you convert from one format to another. (While I'm wishing how about a port of the Calibre conversion tools!!)

I don't really know how realistic this is, or even in what language this stuff is written in. Do the v3 and v5 have a version of Python, for example?

Does anyone have any useful knowledge on how to do all this that they are willing to share?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
I asked this over in the Astak forum but its equally relevant here and Leo is the one person who I'm sure actually knows some answers:

It appears to be possible to write programs directly for the Hanlin v3 and v5 (which are the same as the EZ Reader and Pocket Pro). (See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59191 for one such program.)

There are a bunch of obvious utilities it would be useful to have on the EZ Reader and the Pocket Pro. For example, a program that lets you select a file on the device or SD card and delete or rename it, or a program that lets you convert from one format to another. (While I'm wishing how about a port of the Calibre conversion tools!!)

I don't really know how realistic this is, or even in what language this stuff is written in. Do the v3 and v5 have a version of Python, for example?

Does anyone have any useful knowledge on how to do all this that they are willing to share?
Heck, i swear that even you can program a game for the v5 (dont know the genre, where you read and select choices, that kind of game where screens dont change a lot and is just a static image and below the only that change is the text)

Depends how you program it you can do lots of easy stuff (i wish i could learn that, then i could try that)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post

don't expect a interpreter language like perl or python to run since I doubt the interpreter is present. I suspect you need a compiled Linux binary (source language unimportant). The trick is the Cool Reader is used to support FB2 files and the interface has a way to kick off other programs. Notice that all programs ported to the Hanlin use FB2 extension to provide a way to launch them. The hardware is pretty well known for the V3 but not so much for the V5 although people are learning. After all there is even an alternate OS version of Linux already developed for the Hanlin.

Dale
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Thanks for the link - I will play with it in the evening.
Regards,

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote