Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
cavaughan
cavaughan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Russian lang.

Using calibre on OS X and Linux computers. I have tried converting Russian pdf and rtf documents to be readable on the Kindle. Actually whenever I try those, calibre errors out. But I also have subscribed to my Google Reader which has a fewer Russian feeds. Although calibre doesn't error out, the feeds are unreadable on the Kindle. Is there any advice on how to get Russian documents to be readable or is this something Amazon isn't supporting yet?
cavaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the Kindle doesn't have support for displaying cyrillic characters
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-650
Kindle 1, 2 or DX ? You need to install a Unicode font.

Kindle 2 & DX:
http://www.blogkindle.com/unicode-fonts-hack/

Kindle 1:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43958

Last edited by Syniurge; 08-07-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Syniurge is offline   Reply With Quote