Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Firmware 2.1.5

As some people have update to 2.1.5 via wifi on their Kobo touch... I synchro my Kogo glo.
It is now in 2.1.5 too.
But no changelog know for this update.

So, Kobo touch/mini/glo all have now 2.1.5 (r43939, 12/10/12) update.

If someone find the changelog, it will be great.

PS/ Sorry for bad english level.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Experience shows that Kobo doesn't release change logs for bug fix releases.

Which means that we get to complain about all the bugs they didn't fix, again.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
No update here in Australia. Still stuck on 2.0.0.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
France, my Kobo Glo updated to 2.1.5.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Any idea what the fixes were?
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
I would throw a wild guess that it mainly addresses the random reboots encountered by some users when reading ePubs located on the SD card.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Glasofruix
Enthusiast
Glasofruix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigneurAo View Post
France, my Kobo Glo updated to 2.1.5.
I'm still stuck on 2.0.0, bought mine in Belgium.
Glasofruix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
Any idea what the fixes were?
NO. But there is a new bug.

I sideloaded a book onto my SD card (in order to test if the SD card rebooting problem was fixed), and the book took up all 5 image slots on the Home Screen.

And each internal xhtml file (ie chapter) is an entry in the library. Maybe twice (the cover is there twice).

Caveat: This may have been a badly formatted ebook, I'll check tonight.

I tested this with another ebook, which didn't exhibit this behavior.

Last edited by murg; 10-17-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
NO. But there is a new bug.

I sideloaded a book onto my SD card (in order to test if the SD card rebooting problem was fixed), and the book took up all 5 image slots on the Home Screen.

And each internal xhtml file (ie chapter) is an entry in the library. Maybe twice (the cover is there twice).

Caveat: This may have been a badly formatted ebook, I'll check tonight.

I tested this with another ebook, which didn't exhibit this behavior.
That sounds like you have unzipped the epub on the SD Card so all the parts are treated as separate books. I've done that a few times.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Interesting. My Touch was just upgraded to 2.1.4.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Hi everybody,

I just updated the firmware via the Kobo Desktop to 2.1.5 (r43939, 12/10/12). Location: Canada.

I do not know if I'm wrong, but the home page seems sharper, images and fonts as well.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
datalossfs
Ebook Addict
datalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura aboutdatalossfs has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glow
Updated here in UK via Kobo Desktop, agree with the above Home Screen is a bit more punchy than before.
datalossfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Just downloaded via WiFi. Froze after 'Downloading Software Update: 100%' after a sync.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Anybody got a link to download 2.1.5 for Kobo Glo?
met67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like you have unzipped the epub on the SD Card so all the parts are treated as separate books. I've done that a few times.
Nope. It was a single file on the SD card.