Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #76
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I am not sure. It used to occure quite a bit in scribling in pdf in older versions of RC 1.7 firmware, but in last one (or two) it seems to be OK. Or at least very occasional.

It seems to me it used to happen also in Onyx Scribling App (with 1.6 and older RC 1.7).

It has never happened to me in your scribling app, but I started to test it with latest RC 1.7.

In all 3 applications, there is the problem of joining the lines if you draw to the edge of screen, lift the pen and place it elsewhere on the screen again. The event of lifting the pen is probably lost....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #77
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
In all 3 applications, there is the problem of joining the lines if you draw to the edge of screen, lift the pen and place it elsewhere on the screen again. The event of lifting the pen is probably lost....
Does this still occur in the latest version of my application? I thought I fixed that...
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #78
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
I was not able to reproduce that. How long does that moment need to be? For me, it also seems like a driver issue or even a hardware issue.
You have to write a bit first, say 2 or 3 lines, then stop writing but keep the pen not more than 1 cm from the screen, wait appr. 3 sec and then try to continue writing. This issue NEVER happens if the device is connected to a power source via the USB cable. This is why i thought it's a power management issue of the driver.

It's driving me crazy, I'm a student and often have to copy some stuff from the black board and have to stop writing for a moment to look at the board...

Last edited by por; 05-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #79
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
exists a ready compiled package of your "app"?
Lespaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #80
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Does this still occur in the latest version of my application? I thought I fixed that...
I have to try the latest one, it was in older one 2-3 weeks ago.
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #81
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaul View Post
exists a ready compiled package of your "app"?
Sure, it is in the attachments of this thread. The latest version is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1334800084
Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #82
Lespaul
Enthusiast
Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Lespaul is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Sorry if my question is stupid or the answer is written down here anywhere.
How do i install your scribble file or start it?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #83
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaul View Post
Sorry if my question is stupid or the answer is written down here anywhere.
How do i install your scribble file or start it?
I am sorry, the file in the archive has the wrong extension (none). Rename it to "scribble.oar" and put it somewhere on the device. In the file browser, "click" on the file to start the application.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #84
Lespaul
Enthusiast

ok thx, now it works!

keep up developping this app, it works much faster than the one included in the firmware!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #85
spaetz
Enthusiast
spaetz began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92, formerly iRex DR1000 (broke just as they went bankrupt)
Hi Peterx, I was a bit sceptical if there is a need for another scribbling app, as the boox already bundles one. But I have now tried yours (scribble_2012-03-04.zip) and the bundled one in 1.7RC and I believe onyx should drop theirs immediately and adopt yours. Let me give reasons and a few suggestions:

What's bad about the bundled one:
  • 1.7RC only ever exports the last page of multi-page scribbles (I expect this to be a fixable bug)
  • Bundled one exports pages as a low-res .png file, which is hardly readable when opening or printing.
  • Changing anything in bundled scribble requires the opening of the awkward context menu, e.g. it takes several clicks and waiting for the opening and closing of the dialog to switch between pen and eraser (slow).
  • I don't see the added value in being able to have different backgrounds (perhaps besides lines and /or grid backgrounds)

Yours is nice because:
  • It starts fast and is easy to use
  • Exporting (ie opening via xournal) gives me a *much higher* resolution, that is actually nice to read/print.
  • I like the toolbar approach, with the button size it has. Switching between pen/eraser is quick and easy (well worth the space it "wastes")
  • Great to use the xournal file format rather than saving stuff in another home-grown format. Xournal opens the files without any hitch.
  • It automatically adds new empty pages as needed, making the usability much easier. (can it be that the bundled scribble only allows to insert new pages to the *front* or am I stupid? (No, don't actually answer the last Q ))

Improvement suggestions (filed on github):
  • The opening file dialog does not update the screen when needed. E.g. click on a directory in the breadcrumb navigation and apparently *nothing* happens (when it has switched into that directory, really). UPDATE: I have tried the 04/18 version now and it seems to behave much better but e.g. the top "breadcrumb" still gets corrupted.
  • I think a "Back arrow" on the top right to exit the app would be nice for consistency with many other apps and menus. Actually I would prefer it to be a "X" button to indicate it would close the app, but the boox never seems to use that.
  • The context menu icon in the lower left is still there but seems to do nothing. Not sure if it should disappear or if there is a context menu to be implemented (zoom/close etc).
  • I would appreciate being able to save under a different name to get multiple scribbles. Also I would appreciate being able to save under a different location (I want my scribbles on the flash card where I don't care about wearing it out by writing too much). Perhaps the default saving location should be the flash card (if one is there) in any case?
  • Lastly (not filed as issue), it would be great to be able to "delete" a page from the scribbles. This way I could delete earlier scribbles that I don't need anymore easily.

I do appreciate the app even at this early stage and welcome any further development on it. I will try to get the scratchbox env set up soon, so that I can compile current versions myself.

Lastly, is it possible to add the scribble app to the Boox "Application" view by adding some link/entry somewhere?

Last edited by spaetz; 05-11-2012 at 02:57 AM.
spaetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #86
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Sure, it is in the attachments of this thread. The latest version is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1334800084
Hi peterx.

I'd have a request: Could you please update the first post of the thread whenever you upload a new version?
I've linked that one in the software wiki, and it'd make the current version easier to find

Cheers!
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #87
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Thx again for the great work

I've noticed two more issues:

1) If your program is switched on and you accidentally press and hold the joystick (inwards), the program becomes unresponsive, you cannot exit the program or go to a new page. The only solution is to restart the device. This happen to me a lot, since in my bag the device gets pressed against other objects.

2) If you write stuff at the bottom of the page (1-2 cm), this won't appear in Xournal so one has to avoid writing on the bottom of the page
Old 06-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #88
Mono
Mono

peterx:
1) The issue with joining glyphs after moving pen ouside drawing area seems to be solved.

2) I am not able to reproduce por's issue with pen stopping writing after keeping it for a few seconds above screen. Neither in your application nor in any other one. Something like that occures time from time in pdf reader, but I am not able to reproduce it.

3) Could you fix the issue with 'mirror displaying' if the display rotation is 180 (upside down). If I touch the screen in e.g. lower left corner, the dot is shown in upper right corner. When I move to Prev/Next page and back everything is displayed corrrectly. But if I touch the redraw icon on statusbar (while drawing) before leaving the page (by Prev/Next), things are displayed wrongly. So, the 'bug' occures only while drawing and refreshing before I leave the page. If I return back the draving is diplayed correctly and refresh icon redraws also correctly.

If I continue drawing. New drawings are placed incorectly and old correctly. If I leave page and return everithing is again displayed OK.

So, there is some kind of misunderstanding how to draw a rotated screen before the page is left.

It shouldn't be hard to fix, I hope. The correct rotation is done at some moment, so it is only needed do it sooner.

4) Would it be possible to implement background picture? And if yes, would it be possible that picture is different for each page?

My idea is that if the picture is without a 3 digit number at the end, then it is the same for all pages. If it has 3 digit numbers, 001 becomes assigned to page 1, 002 to page 2, and 000 to any page that does not have its own background file.

It could be used for keeping the agenda (1 year file and/or 12 monthly background files and/or 52/53/54 weekly files).
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #89
por
Groupie

Has anyone noticed that peterx's app. is not working any more on the new firmware 18? Since the new PDF reader has not resolved the issue where straight vert. and horiz. lines are not merged to the pdf, Peterx's app remains the only usable solution for scribbling for me.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #90
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Has anyone noticed that peterx's app. is not working any more on the new firmware 18? Since the new PDF reader has not resolved the issue where straight vert. and horiz. lines are not merged to the pdf, Peterx's app remains the only usable solution for scribbling for me.
Unfortunately, I did not yet have the time to install 1.8. Could you please be a bit more specific about what exactly is not working? Perhaps I will find some time on the weekend.