Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you see ads on your kindle as a real negitive?
No, they are really no problem at all 42 65.63%
I really hate ads on my kindle. 22 34.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I haven't connected my PW in a while so they've run out of ads to show me. So I get a nag-screen at the swipe-to-start instead, lol. But the wake-up swipe does take me right into whatever I'm reading.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 AM   #17
Oceanheartdancer
Oceanheartdancer began at the beginning.

Device: mac air
Love the new TV ad with the 2 husbands.
Oceanheartdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You can pick the type of ads you want. Just go into your amazon a count and choose.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
None of them give the options I want -- to avoid movie and book ads that often have inappropriate content
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #20
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I purchased my Kindle Keyboard several years ago, before Kindles with ads existed. I chose to opt-in later when that became an option. I can opt-out for free at any time, but they don't bother me at all so I keep them. I completely ignore the ad at the bottom of the Home screen, and I rarely look at the screensaver anyway.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Don't like them? Pay the extra bucks and and they go away. Simple...

Agreed. Silly poll.
New PW owner here - my first Kindle. I would if I could I've looked all over Amazon's site and can't find where to pay to remove them! I just sent an email to amazon asking how to do it.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
New PW owner here - my first Kindle. I would if I could I've looked all over Amazon's site and can't find where to pay to remove them! I just sent an email to amazon asking how to do it.
You go to Amazon.com and click on "Your Account" (upper right on screen). Select "Manage Your Kindle." Next, click on "Manage Your Devices" (left on screen). I believe you then click on the Edit button next to "Subscribed" (under Special Offers).

Does that work?
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
You go to Amazon.com and click on "Your Account" (upper right on screen). Select "Manage Your Kindle." Next, click on "Manage Your Devices" (left on screen). I believe you then click on the Edit button next to "Subscribed" (under Special Offers).

Does that work?
Thanks, here is what Amazon sent me - as soon as I'm somewhere there is wifi, I'll try both.

"Please sync your Kindle device (make sure you're connected to WiFi).

1. Select Sync & Check for Items from the Home screen menu.

After syncing, you may restart your device.

1. From the Home screen, select Menu, then Settings.
2. Select Menu again, and select Restart.

or: You can unsubscribe your Kindle from Special Offers through Manage Your Kindle (www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle).

To unsubscribe your Kindle device from Special Offers:

1. Locate your Kindle in the Manage Your Devices section of Manage Your Kindle and click the plus icon to display more information about your device.
2. In the Special Offers column, click Edit. Then, follow the instructions to unsubscribe from Special Offers.
3. The next time you connect your Kindle device wirelessly, your device will be unsubscribed from Special Offers.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
They never bother me. I generally leave my kindle 'off the grid' and usually they are all expired and I get a default screen. When they do come on I never see them as I generally have the kindle totally off or on but not asleep.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote