Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #286
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
------

Last edited by qlob; 10-22-2012 at 06:31 AM.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #287
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
I foolishly skipped the step of charging the kindle figuring it gets powered on the bus... it got halfway though the flash and ran out of juice. it still detects as a SE Ringo and can flash ok but it doesn't seem to charge properly, I left it on charge overnight and when I came back the light was off. I tried to reflash but it died after a few minutes.

any tips? I figure I just need to make sure its not running when I plug it into a charger.
If worst comes to worst can borrow another kindle to charge its battery I guess
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #288
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibber View Post
I foolishly skipped the step of charging the kindle figuring it gets powered on the bus... it got halfway though the flash and ran out of juice. it still detects as a SE Ringo and can flash ok but it doesn't seem to charge properly, I left it on charge overnight and when I came back the light was off. I tried to reflash but it died after a few minutes.

any tips? I figure I just need to make sure its not running when I plug it into a charger.
If worst comes to worst can borrow another kindle to charge its battery I guess
Charge it 20 hours with a wall charger. Then try again.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #289
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe I should make a huge banner at the top of the wiki page, saying, "CHARGE YOUR KINDLE!" or something similar.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #290
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Maybe I should make a huge banner at the top of the wiki page, saying, "CHARGE YOUR KINDLE!" or something similar.
Couldn't hurt.

maybe a note about getting an accurate charge reading where possible too
EDIT: BEFORE YOU START!

[root@kindle games]# gasgauge-info -c
93%

obviously many users won't have this luxury
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #291
qlob
Official Lurker

Im currently at 51 percent.... need to charge it..
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #292
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle games]# gasgauge-info -c
93%
I like my own suggestion of earlier today -

That should be required information in the body of the e-mail confirmation message.

I.E: People have to re-charge their Kindle before they can successfully complete the new member registration process.

- - - - -

Or maybe that is just a reaction to the number of "re-charge the battery" answers of the past few days.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #293
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Having hung around pretty much daily for a few months that is the pattern.

A flurry of "I didn't charge", the occasional smatter of desperate sounding people cross-posting liberally, and of course once in a while some really choice bits of code.

Mainly the requests for support are well read (at least the top post) and occasionally the wiki has also been referenced.

So overally the standard is pretty high. But several

LARGE SIGNS IN RED

never hurt. ever.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #294
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
I'll happily contribute a rewritten guide with large red signs

sadly it's another case of the antipodean idiom 'she'll be right' that inevitably wasn't

(At least the kindle was free!)
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #295
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But isn't that geekmaster's personal font color that no one else is supposed to use?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #296
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Im currently at 51 percent.... need to charge it..
Looking at my open K3 . . .

Perhaps that upper slot for the cover light could be converted to a for-real power switch.
I personally do not mind waiting for a computer system to boot.

- - - - -

Read an interesting (old) article on hackaday the other evening.
"The world's worst port of Linux"
Running on an 8bit micro-controller chip at 125Khz clock.
Takes 2 hours to boot to a command line prompt ;
An additional 4 hours to bring up the Ubuntu login screen.

Tech. Note: "Now in the world..."
The person wrote an ARMv6 emulator in the machine code of the 8bit micro-controller - then used that to run an armel kernel.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #297
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
But isn't that geekmaster's personal font color that no one else is supposed to use?
If you avoid my colors, you will not have much left to work with yourself!

Actually, I use DarkRed to indicate changed or added text. And sometimes red (or other matching color) to show corresponding text snippets between the post and my reply.

EDIT: And in the simple debricking first post, topic headers are purple, and top UPDATEs are various attention grabbing colors, so that they can grab attention and be noticed as something new.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #298
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
192.168.2.N (Desktop) <----USB---> 192.168.2.2 (K3)

I thought it was the end. SSH Connection is working.

Is there a chart with all the commands for working with Kindle in SSH?

I found the one for changing serial....

idme --serial ****************

but not the MAC address...

Last edited by (-_-); 10-23-2012 at 12:36 AM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #299
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post

I thought it was the end. SSH Connection is working.

Is there a chart with all the commands for working with Kindle in SSH?

I found the one for changing serial....

idme --serial ****************

but not the MAC address...

Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #300
qlob
Official Lurker

Try

idme --help

to see what things you can set.

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3