Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
JulioQc
JulioQc began at the beginning.

Device: exPDF
Question Directories and book import

Hello,

I just discovered this ebook library management tool and its pretty awesome so far!

However, I wanna import my current library which was manually managed by myself in a Windows folder structure as follow:

C:\Users\[user]\My Books\[Author]\[Title]

Im having a hard time guessing how to set Calibre regular expressions to import them by recognizing the author as the directory name... Any advice on this?

Thank you
JulioQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calbre can only get information from the file name using regular expressions - not the folder name.

A common approach appears to be to start by using a renamer tool to get the folder information into the filename.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
+1 what itimpi said.

I use Bulk Rename Utility for this type of chore. It can append folder names as either prefix or suffix, the latter is what you need to use, and insert spacers (e.g. " - ", ...).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
JulioQc
JulioQc began at the beginning.

Device: exPDF
Hehe that worked just fine! Thx
And I was looking for a tool to batch rename ID3 tags and that one does it just fine!! Two thumbs up amigo
JulioQc is offline   Reply With Quote