Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
chiron11
chiron11 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pre-order

Is it possible to make a book available for pre-order on Kindle, Nook, and/or Smashwords? If so, how would I do this?
chiron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad and Kindle
Apple just made that possible. Not sure about the others.
wraylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron11 View Post
Is it possible to make a book available for pre-order on Kindle, Nook, and/or Smashwords? If so, how would I do this?
I dislike preorders. You never know if you'll end up unable to fill them, like at my old job when we were stuck with a whole folder of preorders for an Invader Zim figure set that we ended up not carrying.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
chiron11

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I dislike preorders. You never know if you'll end up unable to fill them, like at my old job when we were stuck with a whole folder of preorders for an Invader Zim figure set that we ended up not carrying.
I am the owner of a business which offers the service of formatting eBooks, and I client of mine asked about this. I'm not an author.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I do not know of a direct way, but you could list it for sale on Smashwords and only put like ch1 up. Then if they buy it, you can later put a new file in Smashwords to replace the one they bought with a new (complete) version and Smashwords will make it available to them.

Just make it REALLY REALLY clear and obnoxiously obvious what you are doing.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
chiron11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I do not know of a direct way, but you could list it for sale on Smashwords and only put like ch1 up. Then if they buy it, you can later put a new file in Smashwords to replace the one they bought with a new (complete) version and Smashwords will make it available to them.

Just make it REALLY REALLY clear and obnoxiously obvious what you are doing.
Okay, I'll suggest that to her. Thank you.