Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
ryntau
ryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and graceryntau herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Post Lists within Lists

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
I'm trying to create an ebook that utilizes a list within a list (or a sublist, if you will)
for instance, i have an unordered list, and on one of those points, i have an ordered sublist. This seems to cause a problem when I try to validate the EPUB file with
http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate

This is how I have structured it, as an example:
<ul>
<li></li>
<li></li>
<ol>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ol>
<li></li>
</ul>
ryntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Try to validate with Flightcrew, the messages will probably be more informative.

I guess the problem is you cannot have content in a list (<ul>) that's not inside an item (<li>), so try adding <li>...</li> around the <ol>...</ol>.

Anyway, I think the formatting options for lists are very poor, so I don't use them, and prefer normal paragraphs with hardcoded numbers if needed.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryntau View Post
This is how I have structured it, as an example:
<ul>
<li></li>
<li></li>
<ol>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ol>
<li></li>