Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
the7gerbers
Connoisseur
the7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litter

Device: Kindles (Fire HD, Fire, Paperwhite) iPhone
Can my Google calendar be viewed using calibre?

If it is possible, can you give me the "recipe?"
the7gerbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #2
bjornsm
bjornsm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
That would be useful

I would also very much like a simple way to get a "print-out" of my Google Calendar to my digital reader (Sony PRS-505).

Of course, there is probably a way to print the calendar (for instance as a pdf) and import it to calibre manually, but an automated way of doing this to ensure that I will always have a fairly recent version of my calendar on my digital reader, would be greatly appreciated.
bjornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
MightyMauz
MightyMauz began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
That would be a very neat feature. Is it already possible or will it be in the future?
MightyMauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Caveat: I haven't tried this, but it might work.

After logging ongo calendar, go to the calendar details. Grab the link for the private or public (depending on what you want and possibly your calendar settings) XML feed and dump that into calibre as a new custom news source. That should, in theory, give you a list of appointments...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
So I just tried this, here's the walkthrough:

Log on to your Google calendar. Go to Settings->Calendar settings, click on the tab "Calendars" and click on the calendar you want to view in Calibre. Copy the link for the "Private address" XML feed. Edit to say: This really has to be the private address. In my (admittedly quick) test, the public address didn't work.
Now for the Calibre part (and, since I'm using the german version, I might be a bit off on the nomenclature, but the principle should be clear): In Calibre, add a new individual news source. If it isn't already, switch the window that pops up to basic mode (there should be a button in the upper right half). Paste the private address you copied from Google into the "Feed URL"- field, give it whatever title you like and add the feed (below the input boxes). Give the recipe whatever name you like (below the text, to the right), then, on the left stack of buttons, add the feed. You now should have a new feed in the list to the left with the name you input earlier. Now, all you need to do is set this feed to fetch however often you like (you do this in scheduled news download) and you should be good to go.

This gives you a pretty basic but relatively informative list of events in the calendar. Included are title, date, location and description of the event. For whatever reason, when I tested this, the next event to come went all the way to the bottom, and the last event in the calendar went on the top, but that may have to do with the order I input the events in.

Hope this helps.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote