Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Have you ever bought an "as seen on tv' item?

these products make good money so somebody must be buying them. if you've bought one, have you had success with it?

we've got snuggies (which actually are pretty comfortable) and the perfect meatloaf pan which actually makes a pretty decent loaf.

xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Remember from about 20 years ago Wally the British guy with his genuine Chinese wok?

He visited Atlanta (which is where I lived at the time) promoting what I believe was the identical wok except that he was affiliated with a different company. Both woks had his picture on the box, as I recall.

The wok was perfect, except that the wooden handle wouldn't stay in permanently. Not a problem. I suppose I could have nailed it in if I had wanted to.

However, I learned that genuine woks only work on gas ranges (or fires!), so when I moved to an apartment with an electric range, I couldn't use it. So I gave it away.

I still miss all the delicious meals I made with it.

By the way, Chinese wok cooking (at least what I learned of it) consisted of mixing inexpensive meat with expensive peanut oil.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
*blush* I bought a George Foreman grill - and quite liked it!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pooh, I forgot about the George Foreman grill! I've owned two.

As far as I can tell, that's a standard piece of equipment nowadays. I use mine the majority of evenings.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
I bought a Turbo Snake. It worked, but not very well. I ended up taking the sink stopper apart to clean it out anyways. It did work pretty well on the shower drain, though.

http://www.buytheturbosnake.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

I didn't actually order it from the television. I was at CVS with my wife when I saw it on a rack with some other "As Seen On TV" stuff.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Sham-Wow towels
Oxi-clean
...one other thing, but it fell out of my head as I typed those.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Travel format bed-bug spray but I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond not TV. And promptly forgot to bring it on the next trip...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Because of an ad during the 2011 Dayton 500, I purchased a magicJack at Staples. It was on a display with other "As Seen on TV" items.

Highly recommended!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
But wait! There's more . . . If you phone the number below in the next 15 minutes you not only get the exciting bullet drink mixer but we'll throw in 6 *that's right 6* fluorescent plastic tumblers. Wont you be the toast of the town at your next cocktail with these little beauties.

That's what I remember about one product on late TV which could be purchased for four monthly payments of $79.

I saw it on the shelf in a cheap shop years later for $19. Complete with the 6 fluorescent tumblers.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the scare of my life - caused by late night TV commercials. This happened years ago, when I *cough* occasionally overindulged in spirituous beverages at college functions. I received in the mail 2 "free" Ginsu knives - yes, that's right, the knives that can cut through a penny, cut through paper, cut through your car .... and then cleanly slice a tomato. For a frightening moment, I feared that whilst temporarily non-compos-mentis late at night, I had dialed that number and ordered the set!
Fortunately for my sanity, and my credit cards, this really was a free sample ... but it was a truly sobering experience!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We also had a George Foreman grill. I recently bought the Nicer Dicer, which is ideal for salads, stir fry and my mother loves it when she has to chop onions, peppers/paprika's and tomatoes for her homemade pasta sauce.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?

And admit it, you DO have some K-Tel records in the basement/attic!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #13
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are they still sharp?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Are they still sharp?
Oh yes - those knives never wear out!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
wannabee
Media Bloke

Not bad for some free samples. I've been waiting for someone to advertise some ceramic knives. Though, ones that don't cost $250.