Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
PEDictDb for dictionary replacement

I made a tool for creating PE dictionary db from stardict dictionary.
here is how to use it:
1) This tool is programmed in python.To run it you may need to install python 2.7.2 first.Let's assume your python is intalled at c:\python;
2) Download pedictdb.rar,unpack it to a directory,say A;
3) Use 7zip to unpack stardict dictionary,you will find 3 files say B.ifo,B.dict,B.idx.Copy these 3 files to directory A;
4) Run command as below:
c:\python\python pedictdb.py B
5)You will find a new created file oxc_dictionary_eng.db at directory A.Copy this file to your PE and overwrite the file with same name at system\esi\etc\dictionaries. You will need to use z4root to root your pe before you can do the overwriting.
This tool works fine for my pe.
Attached Files
File Type: rar pedictdb.rar (6.1 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by javese; 11-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks, javese!

Darn! Now I'm going to have to think about rooting. I could resist getting all the google stuff, but a new dictionary is very tempting!!

Downloading your file in case I decide to root.

Last edited by Filark; 07-14-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
you can unroot after you finish.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
This looks awesome! I might try this later today, although I don't use the dictionary for much.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
I made a tool for creating PE dictionary db from stardict dictionary.
here is how to use it:
1) This tool is programmed in python.To run it you may need to install python first.Let's assume your python is intalled at c:\python;
2) Download pedictdb.rar,unpack it to a directory,say A;
3) Use 7zip to unpack stardict dictionary,you will find 3 files say B.ifo,B.dict,B.idx.Copy these 3 files to directory A;
4) Run command as below:
c:\python\python pedictdb.py B
5)You will find a new created file oxc_dictionary_eng.db at directory A.Copy this file to your PE and overwrite the file with same name at system\esi\etc\dictionaries. You will need to use z4root to root your pe before you can do the overwriting.
This tool works fine for my pe.
Will this work for other dictionaries? I'm thinking of something like an english/french dictionary.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
*bump*

I just want to make sure peoples try this out.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Will this work for other dictionaries? I'm thinking of something like an english/french dictionary.
this tool use stardict's dictionary as input and works in unicode.I tried it with a stardict english-french dictinary and the result seems good to me.
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Did anyone try this other than the user "mint121"?https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=dictionary

I'd be glad to replace the default dictionary with an eng-to-ita multilingual dictionary
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
I tried it on an larger dictionary. It worked, but it took too long to load LOL. Too many words.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Speaking of dictionaries, this link may come useful: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freedict/files/
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote