Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
diomark
diomark began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
Sony Connect store - search broken?

OK - I just spent a good 15 minutes searching for high ranking titles on the sony connect store (books found here - http://www.metacritic.com/books/bests/ )

None of them came up. I was searching by keyword, title, or isbn..

I then searched for a book that I just purchased from there - The Lincoln Lawyer - it didn't come up either!

Is their search busted??? Some books do come up.. but others that I know are on their system don't.

Anyone else noticing issues???

-mark
diomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
diomark

OOOOKKK - my next search proceeded to hang the connect software..

Switched to the connect website @ http://ebooks.connect.com - a search on here yields 'An error has occurred.'

Not a good first experience w/ Sony connect. (My reader just came in today..)
-mark
Advert
Old 11-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

"Search is irrelevant. Connect is irrelevant. You will be assimilated. Experience is irrelevant. Trying is futile. The choice processes within your synaptic matrix will come to serve us. We are Sony. Resistance is futile."

Seriously, though, they are really just ramping up. Lots of Readers are coming online now. They're going to have to iron out these kinks. Heck! I've been having all kinds of heck with iTunes recently and they've been rock-solid for years now...
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
The connect store kind of amazes me. You'd think it would clue into them that with $500,000 in reader sales, which would translate to $70,000 in first time credits that there'd be a fair number of customers buying books in the first month.

They are seriously not geared up for it, it looks like, though I did get a "What's new at Sony Connect" email today. I'm glad that they're ramping up - just wish it had been a little sooner.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Well, if the PS3 does as bad as many expect, then perhaps Sony will have more time to devote to the Connect store. :/
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
maccoul
maccoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I was getting some very weird responses yesterday when I was browsing the graphic novel section. Manga showed up as empty even though there was a list of most popular titles on the side. But in general for searching I find you can only search by one word at a time.
maccoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
It's hilarious that some categories don't even have enough titles to make a complete top 10.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
diomark

something tells me the 'shortage' of sony readers is/was really a plan to 'ramp-up' the online store bit by bit...
-mark