Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
cdh569
cdh569 began at the beginning.

Device: sony EReader PRS600
converting pdb to epub

I have a couple of books I bought thru Barnes and Noble that are in pdb format and I want to read them on on Sony E-Reading. How do I convert them to the epub format my reader accepts?
cdh569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh569 View Post
I have a couple of books I bought thru Barnes and Noble that are in pdb format and I want to read them on on Sony E-Reading. How do I convert them to the epub format my reader accepts?
Simple,

You download Calibre, install it and then you run your .pdb ebooks through the conversion process. Assuming any DRM has been removed, Calibre does a smashup job of conversion to .mobi or .epub.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
cdh569

unfortunately mine are DRM locked.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
unfortunately mine are DRM locked.
Then remove the DRM. There are programs to do so.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
cdh569

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Then remove the DRM. There are programs to do so.

Derek
I'll look on-line and see what I can find (I use a Mac). I assume such programs are not readily available and are of dubious legality.
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
I assume such programs are not readily available and are of dubious legality.
You're wrong on the "readily available" part.

"Dubious legality" will depend on your locale, of course, but in the US it seems to be so only by dint of the DMCA and not traditional copyright law. (I am not a lawyer, and the preceding is not intended as legal advice. )
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't find it of "dubious legality" due to the use of "fair rights". I think "fair rights" should trump the DMCA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't find it of "dubious legality" due to the use of "fair rights". I think "fair rights" should trump the DMCA.
I agree that the DMCA unfairly restricts previously-legal fair use rights. However, I don't think that would matter very much if I were hauled into court.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote