Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
A question to those have have received the K2

I just checked my UPS status and it showed that my Kindle arrived in Seattle at 5:30pm. To those that have received their Kindle, did you get your Kindle 2 delivered the next day after it landed in your area?

I am about 40 miles away from Seattle.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
vbtwo31984
vbtwo31984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I had next day delivery, so after it landed in NJ at 6:10am, I had it in my hands at 9:35am in NY.
vbtwo31984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbtwo31984 View Post
I had next day delivery, so after it landed in NJ at 6:10am, I had it in my hands at 9:35am in NY.
Thanks, that gives me hope that it will be on the truck for tomorrow's delivery.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

On the UPS site it should show the day your package is scheduled for delivery, its up by the tracking number.
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
I just checked my UPS status and it showed that my Kindle arrived in Seattle at 5:30pm. To those that have received their Kindle, did you get your Kindle 2 delivered the next day after it landed in your area?

Yes. Mine arrived at the unit in the middle of the night and I received it this afternoon.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
hhdumpling
hhdumpling began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:

I've got a fair amount of experience with ordering things from UPS. My Kindle arrived in Seattle a little after yours (probably on the same plane) and I'm fully expecting it to be at my door tomorrow. I live nearly 300 miles away, but I ordered two day shipping. In my experience, UPS is very good at getting the package to you on the day they say they will. On the other hand, FedEx usually delivers one day prior, but I haven't gotten anything through them in quite some time.
hhdumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiationman View Post
On the UPS site it should show the day your package is scheduled for delivery, its up by the tracking number.
That is what prompted my question... my delivery date is the 26th.

I just checked this morning, it is now in Arlington, out for delivery.

I guess I will have to cut out of work around noon. I feel some chills coming on.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
ISiddiqui
ISiddiqui began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.0 (at some point)
I find UPS (& Amazon) tend to be a bit conservative in their delivery dates. I usually get stuff a day before I'm "supposed to". Glad to see you are getting yours early .
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Quote:
That is what prompted my question... my delivery date is the 26th.

I just checked this morning, it is now in Arlington, out for delivery.

I guess I will have to cut out of work around noon. I feel some chills coming on.
Interesting that UPS didn't update the delivery date on their site once they had it... Mine updated on UPS as soon as they listed it as In Transit - Amazon still says delivery on the 26th but UPS has said the 25th since yesterday morning and it's currently out for delivery now...
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
Bookjunkie
Crackhouse=Bookstore
Bookjunkie began at the beginning.

Yay! My K2 is here! I had checked online, it said out for delivery. When I wandered outside to see a friend off, it was sitting on my doorstep! Woohoo!

Oh, by the way. Hello, everyone. First time posting. Been lurking a few days. This is my first e-reader. Very interested in loading the K2 up with books, the cheaper the better! Can't wait to dig back into some classics I've read in the past and want to re-read. As well as classics I've not yet read.

Books are my crack. I'm very short on time. So, the less converting I need to do the better as far as alternatives to Amazon's freebies goes. I'm trying to glean as much info as I can on that subject. Wonderful resource here. Thanks to all those freely sharing their info. I look forward to being able to contribute in the future.
Bookjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookjunkie View Post
Very interested in loading the K2 up with books, the cheaper the better!
If it's free, it's for me. Check this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40079

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookjunkie View Post
Yay! My K2 is here! I had checked online, it said out for delivery. When I wandered outside to see a friend off, it was sitting on my doorstep! Woohoo!

Oh, by the way. Hello, everyone. First time posting. Been lurking a few days. This is my first e-reader. Very interested in loading the K2 up with books, the cheaper the better! Can't wait to dig back into some classics I've read in the past and want to re-read. As well as classics I've not yet read.

Books are my crack. I'm very short on time. So, the less converting I need to do the better as far as alternatives to Amazon's freebies goes. I'm trying to glean as much info as I can on that subject. Wonderful resource here. Thanks to all those freely sharing their info. I look forward to being able to contribute in the future.

Welcome to MobileRead, bookjunkie.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote