Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #421
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 2.2.0

So... here's another version of JBPatch.

It includes a few major changes to the framework, so the version number has been bumped to 2.2.0, and existing patches have been adapted to these changes.

From a user perspective, you probably won't perceive many of the changes, with two exceptions:

- the TTS patch now allows for user-friendly modification of the speakers' descriptions.

- there is a new patch (added by default to the JBPatch distribution), which allows for the Home screen, and collections, to be displayed graphically using a "Cover View" style.

Please see the first post for downloads and instructions for upgrading.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #422
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab
Not even taking the minimum care to post correct sentences (yes, that includes punctuation, and starting sentences with a capital letter), [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Oh yeah,sorry for that.i am not pressurizing you.i was just getting the when-will-i-have-it-oh-i-am-damn-excited kind of impatient.i was just asking that by what time do you think you will be able to complete it.
q.e.d.
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #423
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Brilliant work, ixtab... I can't believe how much better my Kindle is looking in less than a week's time.

Have you ever thought about accepting donations via e.g. PayPal? You definitely should do. Vielen, vielen Dank!!
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #424
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
So... here's another version of JBPatch.

It includes a few major changes to the framework, so the version number has been bumped to 2.2.0, and existing patches have been adapted to these changes.

From a user perspective, you probably won't perceive many of the changes, with two exceptions:

- the TTS patch now allows for user-friendly modification of the speakers' descriptions.

- there is a new patch (added by default to the JBPatch distribution), which allows for the Home screen, and collections, to be displayed graphically using a "Cover View" style.

Please see the first post for downloads and instructions for upgrading.
@ixtab, You really are a mayan goddess. Thanks for this version, I really like the cover view.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #425
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

OMG, ixtab, you are the bestest! )
The Cover View is awesome.

One question: Is it possible to enable auto-rotation via the accelerometer? I know this was possible by editing a config file but I've read that it doesn't work anymore after firmware 5.1. If you have some time could you please look into this?

Thank you for all your work!
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #426
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Awesome, thank you very much.

All screen rotations does not work anymore, I wonder is it because of the new cover view mode?
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #427
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Ixtab that's great.you are on an update spree!this so great.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #428
elRicharD
Enthusiast
elRicharD began at the beginning.

I lack the vocabulary to translate the hyphenation part. The rest of the Spanish translation is all there. ixtab, your awesomeness makes me throw up rainbows and unicorns. Thank you! If you ever go to Buenos Aires I will gladly buy you a six-pack
elRicharD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:03 AM   #429
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elRicharD View Post
I lack the vocabulary to translate the hyphenation part. The rest of the Spanish translation is all there. ixtab, your awesomeness makes me throw up rainbows and unicorns. Thank you! If you ever go to Buenos Aires I will gladly buy you a six-pack
In English, "throw up" is an idiom for "vomit". So ixtab makes you vomit rainbows and unicorns? Ouch!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #430
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Awesome, thank you very much.

All screen rotations does not work anymore, I wonder is it because of the new cover view mode?
Nope, it's because I broke the patch

Fixed version: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JBPa...reen_Rotations
Old 08-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #431
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Modified the margins de translation, now consistent "Seitenränder/-rand"
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #432
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Screen Rotation with coverview is not very nice. Deactivated this patch to have landscape for books, but not on the homescreen.

Last edited by diba; 08-04-2012 at 05:51 AM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #433
elRicharD
Enthusiast
elRicharD began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
In English, "throw up" is an idiom for "vomit". So ixtab makes you vomit rainbows and unicorns? Ouch!
I meant just that. There is an ongoing internet meme that is about exactly that, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/puking-rainbows .

Regarding hyphenation, I know what it is, but I lack the proper vocabulary to describe it in Spanish... I will probably end up asking someone that really knows, like a teacher.
elRicharD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #434
AsVHEn
AsVHEn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G 5.1.0
Wow, that's miles away better than official kindle's software, but... I get 006 error when I try to install it... I am coursed .
AsVHEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #435
ixtab
(offline)

At which percentage (progress bar) do you get an error?

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks