Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #151
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
I am the owner of a Sony Librie (not a Reader) and pdflrf has been wonderfully working with Librie until version 0.7.

The last version 0.8 does not work (neither the DOS one nor the Linux one), and I am wondering if anyone could know the reason why this compatibility has been lost. If it is possible I would like to ask the creator of pdfrlf to keep this compatibility issue.
0.8 adds ToC support and as we know, then BBeB (LRF) version in the Libre is older then the one in the Reader. So, it looks like it's a Libre problem due to an older BBeB viewer used in the Libre.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to add an option to pdflef to all us to specify how much space between the end of one page and the beginning of the next? What happens is when you cut out headers/footers, and have the pages running without breaks, you get the teo pages right on top of each other with no spacing. It's literally the last line of the previous page and the first line of the next page joined together almost.
Advert
Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #153
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
More on the Librie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
0.8 adds ToC support and as we know, then BBeB (LRF) version in the Libre is older then the one in the Reader. So, it looks like it's a Libre problem due to an older BBeB viewer used in the Libre.
Could it be possible to get a (command line is fine) linux version of the 0.8 without the TOC feature? This would allow linux users that are owners of a Sony Librie to be able to use the tool pdflrf.

Cacapee, if you do not want to "waste" your time with this issue I could help you doing most of the work.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #154
Tuello
Sony Reader
Tuello began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks cacapee, for a great tool - the TOC makes it great for reference books, and the fact that it handles djvu files too is fantastic. I can hardy wait for the 2-level TOC.

I'm running the pdflrfwin version 0.8 (the latest 0.8) and with one pdf file I get a "Error" message box with the text "Last position was: 33283942", when I hit OK it crashes. I made the pdf myself by merging a bunch of chapters together - am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #155
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

Device: prs-500
multi-level toc is already supported - unless there is a bug... Can you send me a test case that displays the "Last position was: 33283942" error?
Advert
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #156
blacksharpie
blacksharpie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 350, Kindle DX
I second this. That's exactly what I would like to have as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would it be possible to add an option to pdflef to all us to specify how much space between the end of one page and the beginning of the next? What happens is when you cut out headers/footers, and have the pages running without breaks, you get the teo pages right on top of each other with no spacing. It's literally the last line of the previous page and the first line of the next page joined together almost.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #157
Tuello
Sony Reader
Tuello began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
Can you send me a test case that displays the "Last position was: 33283942" error?
Pages 1-125 of the full text (589 pages) converts o.k., so does 125-300, but doing 1-300 in one go crashes. I extracted out pages 1-300 to a separate pdf so the resulting file is less than 5 MB, and verified that it crashes too. I also checked the conversion on a laptop and I get the same behavior (it crashes but it doesn't always give the error message first).

Last edited by Tuello; 09-20-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #158
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmmm. That PDF looks like it's copyrighted -- unless the author's given permission to re-post it, it might be better to go with a link to the originating sight instead -- we're workin' real hard to stay on the right side of copyright issues around here, you understand.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 AM   #159
cacapee
Connoisseur
cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.cacapee is no ebook tyro.

version 0.9 Added padding (in pixels) when using runpages. Fixed crash bug when generating toc. Added back ghostscript support. Added option to disable generation of TOC.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #160
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
pdf/jpg output

Quote:
version 0.9 Added padding (in pixels) when using runpages. Fixed crash bug when generating toc. Added back ghostscript support. Added option to disable generation of TOC.
Your program and response to suggestions is great.
Any chance for pdf/jpg output in the near future?
Alternative would be an lfrtopdf or lfrtojpg or lfrtoprinter, but I cannot find anything like that
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #161
cacapee
Connoisseur

png output should be possible. I dunno about pdf output. What do you need it for? Will you want to change the output size?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #162
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

png output

Quote:
png output should be possible. I dunno about pdf output. What do you need it for? Will you want to change the output size?
Png output would be fine. I can convert it to anything (imag)inable like jpg or pdf. I ocr and store hundreds if not thousands of historical books in my computer as pdf's and I index them. I can then find every word and go to a proper page. Your program does an excellent job for my pre- or post-processing, like fattening the fonts. It does other things as well, it does it fast and it does it in batch. No other program that I tried (scores sof them, even commercial) can match that speed.

Apart from that, which has little to do with PRS-500, once I have png output, I can use it (after conversion to jpg or pdf) both with Sony and with all other devices that read jpg or pdf. I would not need to keep duplicates as lrf's and pdf's.

On top of that, imagine that you scanned a road map. Lrf is limited to 6" or with your program to 2x6". Png (converted to jpg) can be scaled up and panned as an image even in Sony.

BTW. I invite you to visit my thread about paper book to Sony (do-it-yourself repro v-cradle) in Sony - Accessories. You will see that I am quite serious about converting paper documents/books to digital format. I have digitized all kind of family and other documents. The number goes into tens of thousands (I am not exaggerating). Sony Book Reader is just a name. In reality it is a document storage and reader with one disadvantage of lacking folders. I am trying Archos 704 wifi right now. It cannot read lfrs but can pdfs, though it is very slow. Anyway, the universal png format can be used for all kind of various purposes.

If you can do that output, please do.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #163
ereszet
Zealot

Quote:
As for the output size, it is always nice to have an option with some parameters. I always wonder why the programmers (I did some programming myself in assembler, fortran and algol 30 years ago) do not let as an (advanced) option for the users to change all kind of parameters within allowable limits. I even went so far in the early days of pc's as to use a hex editor to change some parameters that were not available in the menus or command lines. I remember that my first succesful attempt was to change lpt1 output to lpt2.

But if changing the size is a lot of work for you, do not bother to much. Png output will be sufficient. You work hard enough and everybody appreciates that.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #164
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
About the Librie

Quote:
Thank you very much for adding the option of disabling TOC generation. Unfortunately, it seems that this issue was not the reason why compatibility with Librie was lost (because the files converted with TOC disable are not working with Librie).

Can anyone guess why the compatibility with Sony Librie that was in pdflrf0.7 has been lost in the new versions?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #165
cacapee
Connoisseur

I was afraid of that. I made sweeping changes to the lrf outputter but obviously I could only test it with my Sony Reader. Let me look into it.
Closed Thread