Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
t0s
t0s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, HTC HD2
Adding a feed to the built-in NY Times recipe

The built-in recipe uses Beautiful Soup to parse the web pages. I am looking to add the Sports section from the Global Edition.

Can I just add a feed to the built in recipe like this to add a Global Sports section?:

feeds =[ ('GlobalSports', 'http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/GlobalSports.xml')
]

Thanks in advance for help with my first tweak!
t0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you cannot. But the next release has new recipes for the nytimes sports and tech blogs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
t0s
t0s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, HTC HD2
Thanks for the quick reply, Kovid. I gues that still leaves me wanting for a NY times recipe with Sports from the GLobal edition.

Any plans on adding an International Hereald Tribune (global edition of NYTimes) to the built-ins?
t0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I no longer work on recipes, but I have no objections to accepting such a recipe submitted by someone else.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote