Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Difference between Send-to-Kindle and email to Kindle from Calibre ?

I probably have missed something somewhere that could explain this, and will end up reading your answers and doing , but here my question:

I have had a lot of trouble with Send-to-Kindle lately, it used to work perfectly fine but now once every two or three times, the book never arrives and I usually don't get any email from Amazon about it.
Yesterday I had some time and decided to try again and see what is going wrong.
I did send an ebook (originally an epub, converted to mobi with Calibre) from my Windows PC's explorer (not my browser) to my kindles with the Send-to-Kindle windows app. I received a while after the email from Amazon saying that my document could not be sent to my Kindle and reminding me of the formats that can be sent to Kindles. It's the first time I have received it in the last weeks, although many books never reached my kindles.
From Calibre, I then tried the "email to" function and it worked beautifully. I immediately received the confirmation of reception email from Amazon. Whispersync and everything works too.

Is this normal, and if so, what have I forgotten ?

Last edited by aceflor; 10-19-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Shoot, wrong category for the title.. sorry !!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I haven't been able to use Send to Kindle for PC for a month now. I get a Network Error message. I tried reinstalling to no avail.

Curiously, when I use my email client to email a book to my Kindle 3, I get the reply from Amazon stating the book could not be sent, but, a minute later, it pops up in my Kindle. Go figure.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Good (or not), so I'm not alone in that boat...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Montalex - I was having the same difficulty in using Send to Kindle, so I started a thread in this Kindle forum. It turns out it's a simple matter of updating your root certificates. I've quoted the response below:

You should update root certificates from Microsoft website - rootsupd.exe

You can find direct link here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-5d719ec2d6de
Last edited by dimasic; 10-15-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Once I updated the certificates, Send to Kindle is working again!

Good luck!
SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 10-20-2013 at 11:17 AM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote