Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
Impixi
Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Free e-novel (fantasy)

Hello all,

I’ve recently released my experimental fantasy novel, Axiom, as a free download from my website (link in my profile). Formats are PDF and HTML/CSS (zipped).

I’m wondering if I should make other formats available. However, possibly that would be superfluous, since HTML is displayable by many (most?) handheld devices and/or convertible to proprietary formats by the end user via provided software. But I'm open to suggestions...

Regards,
Shane.

Last edited by Impixi; 05-13-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Impixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impixi
I’m wondering if I should make other formats available.
Until a dominant eBook format comes out, I'd say that PDF and HTML are the best ways to go.

All of the new eBook readers coming out will support both formats and, as you point out, HTML is easily convertable into anything else. So users who have eBook readers with proprietary formats should be able to handle it without any problems.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

Personally I think that releasing in Html is good enough No need to bother with a bloated format like pdf for a fiction book.
Regarding the book, though I read fantasy only occasionally as opposed to sf, I will give it a try since I liked the first 2 pages.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impixi
Hello all,

I’ve recently released my experimental fantasy novel, Axiom, as a free download from my website (link in my profile). Formats are PDF and HTML/CSS (zipped).

I’m wondering if I should make other formats available. However, possibly that would be superfluous, since HTML is displayable by many (most?) handheld devices and/or convertible to proprietary formats by the end user via provided software. But I'm open to suggestions...

Regards,
Shane.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Impixi
Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Impixi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks for the input.

I agree that PDF is a bloated format. I've included it only because it gives good results when printing. I'd remove it otherwise and save on disk space and bandwidth.

Regards,
Shane.
Impixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Joe Swope
book title:Need For Magic
Joe Swope began at the beginning.

Device: palm 650
Free Fantasy ebook

Hi,

Did you go through an e publisher or are you do it on your own? I would like to think an epublisher can help get it out there, but I wonder if they just take half of the profits for doing what the author can do anyway. Any thoughts?
Thanks,

Joe
Joe Swope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #6
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
HI,
tried to download it, but got only:
Quote:
503 Service Unavailable
Failed to resolve the name of server www.ixenfor.com to connect
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I can't access your homepage...

About the formats, I would make available more formats. You have the trouble to convert it once, sparing potential readers to have the work to convert an ebook they don't know from an unknown author. (Or i'm just ignorant, sorry if that's the case )
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I try to access your site, I get what looks like a placeholder where the site should actually be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
The Worldsmith
The Worldsmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just a quick not on what Over said above, there maybe another thread on these forums about this topic that I haven't found yet, I am looking to release my own fantasy ebook in mid - late march of this year and have been toying with the idea of utilising the mobipocket & pdf formats for its download are there other formats that you guys would highly recommended?
The Worldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
Jake_Drake
Enthusiast
Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Jake_Drake can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worldsmith View Post
Just a quick not on what Over said above, there maybe another thread on these forums about this topic that I haven't found yet, I am looking to release my own fantasy ebook in mid - late march of this year and have been toying with the idea of utilising the mobipocket & pdf formats for its download are there other formats that you guys would highly recommended?
I recommend Smashwords.com. They provide a guide to publishing there and don't charge you anything. Takes a little time for your first ebook upload, but after that it gets easier. They don't take much in the way of your profits, either. I have all of my ebooks published at Smashwords.com and wouldn't ever un-publish them from there.
Jake_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #11
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I can't seem to access the site. It gives me this:

Quote:
The Ixenfor website is currently offline.

If necessary, you can contact the Axiom author at support@ixenfor.com for novel or screenplay information.
I'd love to check out your book, but get the site fixed, please! Thank you
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote