Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #661
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
PM'd you the link to an interim push.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #662
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I just committed Unicode support for KualButton. Tested and working on K3 and K4 (K5 isn't affected anyway).
But the second screenie looks odd. There should be just one right-arrow pointer at the end of just the sub-menu entries.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #663
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
But the second screenie looks odd. There should be just one right-arrow pointer at the end of just the sub-menu entries.

Yeah, I was unsure about whether I should state this or not: The second one was just a test to see if Unicode characters "inside" plain text are properly rendered. I simply had it insert that triangle every 4 characters. Of course, this was only for testing purposes, and is not there in the real code.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #664
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
twobob, I'm going to upload this build to knetconnect RSN so you can take screenies on K3...

done: PM'd you the link
Could you be a bit more specific please?
OR
At least give a hint, like which sub-domain of knetconnect.com or which WebDAV directory.

Just because I run it, doesn't mean I can find your upload without at least some hints. It is getting to be a big place for only 3 people.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #665
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
OR
At least give a hint, like which sub-domain of knetconnect.com or which WebDAV directory.

Just because I run it, doesn't mean I can find your upload without at least some hints. It is getting to be a big place for only 3 people.
My suggestion is to simply push everything (once it's working) to the main repository... That's what it's there for.

@twobob: unless I'm terribly wrong, there still is no link to the source code in the first post. I suggest to add it there - right now, it's buried somewhere later in the thread.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #666
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
@knc1 http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/t...2-test-builds/
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #667
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My suggestion is to simply push everything (once it's working) to the main repository... That's what it's there for.

@twobob: unless I'm terribly wrong, there still is no link to the source code in the first post. I suggest to add it there - right now, it's buried somewhere later in the thread.
In support Section now.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #668
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

I don't think they are using "branches" yet to keep the different version developments in parallel.

Although your suggestion is the best one, if using branches.

PS: You could become the 4th member of the KUAL support forums if you choose too - that sites registration is working, only the new registrations on the KUAL wiki is temporarily
disabled.
http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/forum/kual/

And IT IS a "Support Forum" not just a "Discussion Forum" (although we currently only have one 'Resolved' thread).

The other 300,000 members here are also welcome to join if interested in the KUAL project.
See if any of you can beat ixtab to being the #4 member.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #669
stepk
Groupie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
OR
Now the source code is in the main repo on github. As soon as I have time I will push the commented script source, now it's just the uncommented (stripped) script.
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/kindlelauncher/
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #670
twobob

\\o//
_| |_

WOOT.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #671
stepk
Groupie

proposal for side buttons in dive-in menus

The screenies in #639 and #660 got me thinking a bit more about how to make the best use of the side Left/Right buttons, especially for the 4-way controller.

So what do people think of this? I suspect that in real use cases the L/R buttons will be disabled in most dive-in menus because it's unlikely for a sub-menu to include but a handful of entries, which only need a single page to fit(*). So I propose that when KUAL is showing a dive-in menu (second-level and deeper) the side buttons change their function from Left/Right to Up/Down. Of course in the top level menu L/R work only to scroll pages horizontally as they do now.

The benefit on KT/PW is that there's a larger area to hit with fat fingers to go up a level. The benefit on older platforms is that there's less tedious scrolling to do to navigate the menu hierarchy.

(*) Currently 5 items fit in a K3/K4/DX page. That's probably not enough to support this proposal. In KUAL2 dev builds it is actually easy to change the number of items per page by setting KUAL_page_size="8" or another suitable number.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #672
twobob

I keep thinking of something logical to say about this excellent proposal.
So I read it over many times.

Probably the only thing I can say is that whatever minimises clicking on the lower devices is the best win. That was always the design goal previously.

Thus assuming that goal is met I am 110% behind this. Possibly 120%.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #673
twobob

Okay so I took the plunge and emptied the coffers. With just a small amount of pocket searching I have purchased a kindle PW to help in the support effort. It has arrived.

Next funding will go toward fixing up stepks k3 (I managed to get an almost working one - cracked screen - for no cost, thanks to my debricking efforts), some serial cables and the other outlined top post goals.

Thanks to everyone for their support for this project so far.

Regards,

I will begin testing those things marked as PW supported in the KUAL versioning thread as time allows.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #674
ixtab
(offline)

Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #675
twobob

Quote:
:ROCK HANDS: : )

Thanks to everyone.

Last edited by twobob; 04-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified