Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #181
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Coolreader to me has become the best reader on Android very quickly.
The software developer Buggins is available on the forum here and is adding new features when asked for almost everyday.

He introduced his app wrote the description on the 24th Dec. And it has not even been a month but if you read the the whole thread he has added so many more features many on user requests.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112682
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #182
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Exactly, I switched yesterday from Laputa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
I came to this thread, read some bits, downloaded Coolreader, FBreader and Aldiko. Opened books in all of them. Tasted them.

Cool reader was cooler than Icecream and has all features any book reader would "LOVE" to have! It's the best reader! I have permanently switched to CoolReader. Can't be more satisfied.

Last edited by Nexutix; 01-21-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #183
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
I think the Moon+ Reader section needs to be updated. It supports more formats than that (txt/html/epub/umd/fb2/zip/OPDS), and it has note-taking and highlighting features, along with online (Google, Wikipedia) and offline (ColorDict, Fora) dictionary support. It also has auto-scroll and online translation (again, Google).
I wish I could use Moon+ Reader, but it scrolls vertically instead of horizontally. You wouldn't think it would make a big difference, but the vertical scroll makes me dizzy. It's crazy.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #184
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I thought there was a setting change to make it scroll horizontally.

I tried it, but just did not like it too well.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #185
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I have been unable to find an android reader that does Text-To-Speech (TTS). Has anyone found one?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #186
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
I have been unable to find an android reader that does Text-To-Speech (TTS). Has anyone found one?
I can't confirm, but the pro version of Moon+ is supposed to:

Quote:
Additional benifits in pro version:

•Ads free

•Multi-point touch supported

•Shake the phone to speak (Text-to-speech, TTS engine supported)

•Option for password protection at startup

•Headset keys control

•Customer email support, and more.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #187
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Moon+ Pro and Wordaholic.

The Moon+ Pro is much easier to use, however it has moved out of beta and now charges $5 for it.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #188
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Coolreader to me has become the best reader on Android very quickly.
The software developer Buggins is available on the forum here and is adding new features when asked for almost everyday.

He introduced his app wrote the description on the 24th Dec. And it has not even been a month but if you read the the whole thread he has added so many more features many on user requests.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112682
I've updated the information on Coolreader based on the link you provided. Thanks and karma!
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #189
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Sony's Reader app has been released!
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #190
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Wordplayer should do, but i could not configure it properly
Aditionally, it does not currently under active development
Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #191
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
I know plucker is a venerable format from the days when Palm was king. Just from my quick research, it seems to have gone the way of the dodo, as the world moved on to more open standards. IMHO, it's a good move since standards and open formats ensure availability of content as things progress. I loved iSilo, for example, but it's damned near impossible to convert these days.

As of right now, I think FBreader claims to read plucker files, though I have no way of testing it. You could also try "Golan." It's not in the Android Market, but the developer has a page on Google code. It hasn't seen any updates in quite a while, however. Sunrisexp has been EOL'd as well.
Golan seems to be just a (nice and sleek) rss reader

Thanks
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #192
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Moon+ Pro and Wordaholic.

The Moon+ Pro is much easier to use, however it has moved out of beta and now charges $5 for it.

=X=
Doesn't seem to be anyway to test the TTS without buying it. Has anyone tried TTS with Moon+ Pro?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #193
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksor View Post
Wordplayer should do, but i could not configure it properly
Aditionally, it does not currently under active development
Regards
I tried, but I didn't have any luck with Wordplayer either.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #194
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
Can you import multiple books into coolreader or just one at a time? I know it's eye candy but i really like the bookshelves! I was able to get alkido shelves easily. I think i can get moonreader but coolreader seems to use a file manager interface.

Where do i put books for kindle? They were in the right place before i upgraded with the rooted 1.1 update. Seems my sd card got messed up.

Thanks! I'm loving my rooted book color! Think i'll have to name it soon!
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #195
noaxis2
Enthusiast
noaxis2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color (rooted w/autonooter)
I like bookshelves!

Can you import multiple books into coolreader or just one at a time? I know it's eye candy but i really like the bookshelves! I was able to get alkido shelves easily. I think i can get moonreader but coolreader seems to use a file manager interface.

Where do i put books for kindle? They were in the right place before i upgraded with the rooted 1.1 update. Seems my sd card got messed up.

Thanks! I'm loving my rooted book color! Think i'll have to name it soon!
noaxis2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one