Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
BasilBane
BasilBane began at the beginning.

Device: lg ku990
How do I store books on my phone - not sd card?

This is driving me crazy, I've installed mobipocket java ereader v6.0.77 on LG KU990 but I don't have an sd card and cannot work out how to get mobipocket to access ebooks on my phone. If I go to settngs-FileSystem I can see Ebookd URL: file:///Card/eBooks but cannot change this.

(why no sd card? Considering getting a new phone but may not)
BasilBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You will likely get more help if you post your problem in the alternate devices section of the site. This forum is for reading apps. I will move the request for you.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
You actually don't store things on card in a smart phone, you don't download anything at all with a smart phone. It does what is called Cloud Books, in other words the phone downloads the portion that you are reading and puts that on the screen and the next page in something called a cache for quick writing to the screen. Storing books is actually acomplished on the server that your phone connects to. I have many electronic books that I use my berry to read however I have not and will not download any of them and instead need to go to one of several book store servers to get.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilBane View Post
This is driving me crazy, I've installed mobipocket java ereader v6.0.77 on LG KU990 but I don't have an sd card and cannot work out how to get mobipocket to access ebooks on my phone. If I go to settngs-FileSystem I can see Ebookd URL: file:///Card/eBooks but cannot change this.

(why no sd card? Considering getting a new phone but may not)
Why don't you simply purchase an SD card? I keep all of my ebooks on SD cards, this is by far the easiest way to manage them in my opinion. Just copy/paste, can't get much easier...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I use a Dropbox account, which stores e-books in a cloud and then I download the one(s) I want to read and it gives me an option to choose which e-reading software on my phone to open it with.

If you want to give Dropbox a try (it's free), the link is in my sig and both of us will get an extra 250 mb of storage.

For ereading on my phone I mainly use the device's mobile apps (such as Kindle for Android) and free readers such as FB reader.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert