Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
LeseLaster
LeseLaster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Cool Going Another Way - MorseEbookTweeter

Hello,

I can present you another sort of eReader. There are some people out there which still use Morse code. They communicate and some even listen to eBooks presented in morse signs. I wanted to simplify things: Here it is the MorseEbookTweeter. He does what he is supposed to do: Read eBooks (ASCII-Text) and translates them to Morsecode. I used as hardware the Arduino.

Have a look: MorseEbookTweeter

And if you want to know which story was presented, you have to search my blog . (Hint: It is public domain.)

Have fun!
LeseLaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
West Virginia
Enthusiast
West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Augen The Book
A morse code ereader, a "brilliant" idea for the blind?
West Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
LeseLaster
LeseLaster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
To be honest: Following Bertrand Russell “There is much pleasure in useless knowledge.” it was for me a no-sense project. Although the possibility using the MorseEbookReader by blind people might be a chance. But they have their Braille Translator or can use another Arduino project: The speech synthesizer.

The MorseEbookReader could be used by Ham operators who want to improve their Morse reading capabilities. Up to 15 words per minute you can follow the signs by writing them on a sheet of paper. If the code gets quicker, MorseEbookReader (25 wpm), you have to translate it in your head. You do not hear the single dits and dahs. You hear whole characters or even words.

And that has to be trained.

And one last remark: Why use Morse code? It is still a very efficient way to talk to other people all over the world with a minimum of power and it is faster than sms .
LeseLaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
If you can make a program, that reads all the dots and lines and makes sounds, just like a normal telegraph, that would also be cool. Not the most useful thing, but so are lightsaber-replicas, and they are also cool

Edit, sorry, I couldn't open the article - this is exactly what you did

Last edited by LCF; 03-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote