Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Paragraph spacing

It seems this happened with the last update, but I could be wrong. I'm trying to convert PRC to ePub, and it puts a space between the paragraphs.

Even clicking on "remove spacing" doesn't do anything....any help from anyone?

Is there an easy way to create an ePub from PRC?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sure is.. use Calibre. Then pop the ePub into Sigil to edit the CSS to remove the excess line spaces.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, my next question is, what do I do to the CSS?

I can't find anything in there that says "paragraph" or anything like that...sorry, I'm new to the Sigil program, and am no HTML reader LOL.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

I can't find anything in there that says "paragraph" or anything like that...sorry, I'm new to the Sigil program, and am no HTML reader LOL.
Look at a "bad paragraph" (set an insert point with a mouse click)
Now switch to CodeView (CV)
Look at the "class(es) entry for the paragraph.. Note the name.
While there, look at other containers (eg <div>, <body> ) that include the paragraph.,
Now find those names in the CSS.
Body class starts it off
If there is a line space there, try changing or commenting out ( /* stuff */ ) that

If your P tag is inside a DIV, then try that class
last, try your P class
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

If you view the pages in code view you will see many paragraphs they are differentiated by the various classes. If calibre didn't remove the spacing it is probably because the spaces are hard coded using either
Quote:
<br class="calibre4" /> or <p class="calibre9">&nbsp;</p>
keep in mind the class could have any title in quotes.

Just use the find and replace tool to replace these with nothing and your spaces should go away. Don't forget to save after your edits are complete.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Thanks guys, I was able to get things squared away. In the <p> section of the paragraph there was a .5 margin in the paragraph spacing and removing it did the trick