Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #46
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That makes sense! I'd go with 6 if the speakers weren't mono as I want one for music more than anything.
No problem! Yeah, that single speaker kinda ruins it. The stereo speakers (that can get pretty dang loud) on my Kindle Fire HDX were such a huge upgrade over the Nexus 7 that I had before that I don't think I can ever go back to poor or inadequate speakers.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
No problem! Yeah, that single speaker kinda ruins it. The stereo speakers (that can get pretty dang loud) on my Kindle Fire HDX were such a huge upgrade over the Nexus 7 that I had before that I don't think I can ever go back to poor or inadequate speakers.
You know I have never played music on my Nexus so I have no idea the quality. I use my KFHD for music and it sounds great with cover on of course without cover it doesn't have the loudness.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
We all use ear buds if we want to listen to anything on our tablets.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #49
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I never use ear buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I play music when I read eBooks with my Kindle Fire HDX 7 2013 directly through the speakers.

I also play music from my Amazon Music App on my Samsung Galaxy s5 through the speakers when I walk my dog and when I am walking around the supermarket. No one has complained yet.

When I walk my dog, few people are around and when I am in the supermarket there is so much noise that my music is buried in the background.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't, only if I am watching a video. If I want to listen to music with ear buds I use my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 as holding a tablet to listen to music would be cumbersome. If I was to listen to music on a tablet I will do it through it's speakers so I can move around. I also use my Roku through my TV but my tablet is less loud and doesn't bother others.
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #51
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I listen to my audibles on my 2012 Fire, I usually use a bluetooth speaker with them. I think that is mono, I will have to get a stereo one to go with my 2014 Fire.

I've decided that I am going to stick with the 6", and give the 7" to the hubby as a Christmas present.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #52
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm so impatient. I have to wait til Oct 16 for my Fire 6 blue to ship. Maybe they will get it out earlier. I am so eager to get my hands on it! I wonder if Best Buy or Staples will get them on display by Oct 2, the release date of the black.

I think the size is going to make it a great reading device....unless the aspect ratio annoys me.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #53
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm so impatient. I have to wait til Oct 16 for my Fire 6 blue to ship. Maybe they will get it out earlier. I am so eager to get my hands on it! I wonder if Best Buy or Staples will get them on display by Oct 2, the release date of the black.

I think the size is going to make it a great reading device....unless the aspect ratio annoys me.
I was gonna get a blue but I didn't want the extra two weeks. Then I told myself it really didn't matter what color it was since it was going to be in a cover anyway and eventually will have a Decal Girl skin to cover up what little color that did show.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I was gonna get a blue but I didn't want the extra two weeks. Then I told myself it really didn't matter what color it was since it was going to be in a cover anyway and eventually will have a Decal Girl skin to cover up what little color that did show.
I don't know that I will get a cover, and no plans for a skin. I have plenty of sleeves it will fit in. My girls often take their Nooks out of their cases to use them.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #55
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
I don't know that I will get a cover, and no plans for a skin. I have plenty of sleeves it will fit in. My girls often take their Nooks out of their cases to use them.
Interesting.... I always get a cover and a screen protector. I usually wait a few months before getting skins just to make sure my device doesn't have any flaws, which is why the color of the device has never mattered to me. Though that blue one was calling my name.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I will get a poetic cover just like I did with the other ones. I talk to hubby last night and he was open to me getting the HD 7 one for my birthday in November and giving him the old one.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #57
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You know I have never played music on my Nexus so I have no idea the quality. I use my KFHD for music and it sounds great with cover on of course without cover it doesn't have the loudness.
I'm not a huge music listener but it does sound good with music. HOWEVER, I literally listen to ALL of my audio podcasts on it, and if I just turn it up and put it on the coffee table I can listen just fine without having to strain to hear.

And it if isn't loud enough, I can just bring the HDX with me to whatever room or floor I am on so it can be near me.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #58
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I think I'm going to order the HD 6 from Best Buy. All colors are now available for pre-order.

It should make a nice travel size and since it's not super expensive, I won't worry about breaking it as much.

Knew I was saving my rewards certificates for something...
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Oh I'm glad they will be at Best Buy. If I love this Fire 6, I won't want to share it, so I'll have to get my girls their own for Christmas. They are going to LOVE the cameras on it. I'm looking forward to an eventual sale. If I could get the pink 16gb one for $99 on sale, I would get one for them.

I keep gazing at the product page....even though there are things I don't like about Fires, the size and colors are making me giddy. There are a lot of things to like about this Fire! I can imagine taking this thing anywhere and taking pictures. I am always astonished when I see people taking pictures with large tablets, like the ipad, at museums etc. WTH??? But this Fire 6 is another story altogether!

I can see where people with 6" phones would turn up their noses. I have a 4" Windows phone with no data, so I am not one of them.

Ok, I'll shut up and go stare at the product page some more.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It is cute. If only it had better speakers. I guess once it ships we can see if there is much difference between the two. I got till the end of November to make up my mind.