Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Syncopated
Syncopated began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Third-party firmware?

Does anyone know of a third-party firmware for the Onyx Boox, especially the M91S? I'm not sure I want to use the device with the current limited PDF support.

Or, a way to modify the software on the device? I read that it runs Linux.
Syncopated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncopated View Post
Does anyone know of a third-party firmware for the Onyx Boox, especially the M91S? I'm not sure I want to use the device with the current limited PDF support.

Or, a way to modify the software on the device? I read that it runs Linux.
Why do you say it has limited pdf support ? What limits has ?
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Syncopated
Syncopated began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
Why do you say it has limited pdf support ? What limits has ?
Documented in some of my other posts.
Syncopated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncopated View Post
Documented in some of my other posts.
Could you please describe your problems in this topic, so other viewers don't have to browse through all your posts in other topics.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
That would divert the topic, wouldn't it?
There is at least one thread containing "PDF" in the subject line which the Onyx resellers have successfully ignored. Yet they are trying to make sure we know were they can be reached. I have the feeling that they are copying what the manufacturer does which is to ignore our questions and complains
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
That would divert the topic, wouldn't it?
There is at least one thread containing "PDF" in the subject line which the Onyx resellers have successfully ignored. Yet they are trying to make sure we know were they can be reached. I have the feeling that they are copying what the manufacturer does which is to ignore our questions and complains
This is because we do not have any problems with "slow" PDF's.
I'm using 400MB PDF's which are working great.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #7
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
You could contact the people who complain about that and either send them your pdf to try it or ask them to send you theirs to try it yourself. Are you saying that the slow PDF issue is just an isolated one and only some users have that problem?
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #8
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I actually had the impulse to write my own firmware now and then... I think as a Computer Science grad and a Linux guru also worked as a hardware engineer mysefl, a lot time I really felt that I should write a 3rd party firmware for my damn buggy M90....at least to make my reading life much easier....
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
I've got the M90 and I'm so disappointed by the overall slowness. 2 seconds for a page turn is just unacceptable. I'd like to run OpenInkpot on my M90, but I've got so little free time to hack. Maybe someone could help porting OI.

Last edited by lunohod; 10-21-2011 at 07:21 AM.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote