Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #166
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishcompany View Post
You did not know something.
You asked for it.
You got an answer.
You put it in the wiki.

It's not (only) the gurus. It's also a lot of folks, who do not know things, which are obvious to the gurus. Once they find out, they write it down for other folks.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cendrieR View Post
I still think it deserves a "howto" on the wiki
I'm not trying to be rude but, vishcompany is right...

If you have found some info that 'you think' it's not a matter of public knowledge, you don't have to ask someone to write it in the wiki... Assumed that you have found usefull the wiki, you must contribute...

Some time ago, I wrote the way of extending the data filesystem by using link2sd, or the way to install the froyo market...

Everybody in my local spanish forum knew that info... so I thought it was my duty to inform about it for the good of the community.

And I was almost sure that gurus, and not so gurus, knew that info before me.

j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #167
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Do not think I am not willing to help, but I would have add a page on the wiki if I knew how to do that
(in contributory projects I know, the "guru" has to accept the contributors for them to be able to actually do something...)
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #168
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
No need to add an extra page. I would place it to the same wiki page, which contains already so much information.
The structure is quite clear by now and self-explanatory. Look for a place, where your piece of information fits (the table of contents will help you with that), navigate there and click "edit".
Don't be shy. You will see how the formatting works. And if you are still not sure, put it in nevertheless. It still can be cleaned up later. But the most important thing is: contribute your bit of information.

Last edited by vishcompany; 01-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #169
cendrieR

I was thinking of the wiki for the google project of the sonyhomepage, I totally forgot about the mobileread wiki
I will take care of that as soon as I can (today or tomorrow).
Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #170
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
I was thinking of the wiki for the google project of the sonyhomepage, I totally forgot about the mobileread wiki
I will take care of that as soon as I can (today or tomorrow).
Ah, there you go...
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #171
cendrieR

(please : I know what the point of the internet is, no need to explain; I suggested him to write something in wiki of the google page because I thought there was a specific directory where the logs where to be find for that specific app, and as I can not directly contribute to the project...; and even after I have written my thing on the Mobileread wiki, it will still be pertinent to have this information accessible directly in the google project; sorry to flood your topic mrspaceman!)

No problem with the collections in 0.0.3.8. But the app close "unexpectedly" when attempting to reach screen 3, and index buttons in the "Books" section send exceptions.
What I did in the logs : turn device on, open the sphs, go to page 3 (force close), reopen the app, go into "Books" (sorted by Author, btw I am glad you change the index to fit the sorting choice here), select index "A" twice (Exception caught creating book grid).
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (28.6 KB, 483 views)
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #172
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
okay, release 0.0.3.10 is now available which should fix the index button and third screen issues.

let me know if there is anything else to fix
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #173
sk1
sk1 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
This may be a stupid question, but is there any chance this can work on a rooted nook touch? looks awesome...
sk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #174
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but is there any chance this can work on a rooted nook touch? looks awesome...
I would like to get it to work on other ereaders, but I don't know how they store the book data.

at the moment, I read in the data from databases that are populated by the Sony pre-loaded software.

If I can get my hands on a nook touch, then I will make sure this app works on both devices.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #175
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
okay, release 0.0.3.10 is now available which should fix the index button and third screen issues.

let me know if there is anything else to fix
It didn't fix it for me, but I think this might be because I am using the other 'modified homescreen' from Morkl as well.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #176
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I'm not sure what changes are made by the 'modified homescreen' they may be changing something which breaks my app.

I don't really have the time to investigate it, sorry.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #177
cendrieR

No crash here

One strange thing though is the fact that when you change the sorting method in the section "Books", if you sort by filename once you won't be able to display something other than the filename. For example if you sort by filename, and then by title, in the latter case the books will be sorted by title but the strings displayed will still be the filenames.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #178
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Quote:
No crash here

One strange thing though is the fact that when you change the sorting method in the section "Books", if you sort by filename once you won't be able to display something other than the filename. For example if you sort by filename, and then by title, in the latter case the books will be sorted by title but the strings displayed will still be the filenames.
Should be fixed on 0.0.4.1 (available now)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #179
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
I really like your new homescreen, but 0.0.4.0 constantly crashes on me.
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #180
indigorayne
indigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-T1, kobo touch, kobo mini
mrspaceman, thank you for this project, 0.0.4.1 works a dream on my rooted T1
indigorayne is offline   Reply With Quote