Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Pullar
Pullar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
not holding charge

Hey all. I charged up my kt last night with a blackberry charger, so that I'd have it at school today. Got a little reading in maybe 25 min in total between 2 sessions. Had it in sleep mode as usual got home and went to read and it's saying to charge again. It had been about a month a a half since last charge as I haven't had much time to read lately. Before this it hd been working fine and charges lasted weeks. The battery indicator had a check mark when it took it off this morning. My kt will be 5 months old tomorrow. This is my second unit as the first one had issues out of the box and was replaced within the first week. Hopefuly it'll hold its charge this time but if not what is the process getting it fixed. I assume i'll have to send it away. How long does it take?
Pullar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I would recommend charging it through USB connected to your pc first to see if it's a problem with the KT holding a charge or a problem using your blackberry charger. If you get the same result then I'd contact where you purchased it first to see if you can return it and if not then contact kobo.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I use cell phone charge with correct connector. All that I have tried works. Charge for 3 hours minimum or over night. Can't over charge if it is working right. For minimum battery drain place it in air plane mode so you know wifi isn't trying to connect. Hold switch off for a few seconds turns Kobo off with less battery drain than standby if not reading for hours.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
Pullar
Pullar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
thanks for the replies. It seems to be holding the charge this time, at least for now. Charged yesterday after school and did some reading last night, and this afternoon the battery is still showing almost full charge. I'll give it a few days of reading to see for sure. KT is always in airplane mode, Hopefully it was just a onetime fluke mis charge.
Pullar is offline   Reply With Quote