Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Second H2O Destroyed :(

Today I dropped my H20 about three feet onto the ground, resulting in a completely nonfunctional device, even though it had a case on.

This is the second time that's happened.

I think I will probably not buy another, however much I like the way Kobos perform. I just can't afford to spend that much on a portable device that's this fragile in practice.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I've dropped mine a few times, without a case, still in fine working order. Even if it had broken it's not something I'd hold against the device, it's on me for dropping an electronic device on the ground.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Ouch, that does hurt. But, like MGlitch, I've dropped all my Kobo's, in cases or not, from "walking around and reading" height (more than 4 feet) with no problems. The worst that has happened is the chip taken out of the edge of the Glo when it landed on the edge the tiles in our hallway.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Not many alternatives for the h2o.
You can either go smaller in screen size, or pay big bucks.
If I had to go to a 6" screen, I'd go for a Kindle Voyage, althoigh I am equally happy with my nook!
All great devices serving the same great purpose of offering vastless amounts of books in a tiny space.
The library of the future is postage stamp sized, no longer a building the size of a footballfield. And this is probably the greatest feat of size reduxtion through technology ever conceived!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
khamvision
khamvision began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
in the future, hope they will intr. new anti shock ebook reader, like milytary gear
khamvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
how about a wrist strap like the Nintendo Wii remote ones? ;=)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Ouch. Having lost an Aura HD when I dropped it on a set of stairs, I feel your pain.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
I have dropped my 6" Aura a few times, with no bad results.

I did leave it in the seat pocket of a United jet returning from Hawaii to the Continental US. I was sick. A quick report on the United web site, and it was on the way back to me, received about a week after being lost! I was pleasantly surprised.

So 2 lessons - don't drop an e-reader... And NEVER put it in the seat pocket on the plane!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:17 AM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
how about a wrist strap like the Nintendo Wii remote ones? ;=)
You can buy cases with a wrist strap for some devices. I haven't seen one for the H2O yet.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:27 AM   #10
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I have simply made my lodgings e-reader compatible. I don't even need a case anymore!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	padded-cell.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	145657  
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
Lady_3Jane
total greenhorn
Lady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it isLady_3Jane knows what time it is

Device: PRS 505; Galaxy Tab; PRS 350; Kobo Glo

Oh, you moved into my office?
Lady_3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I have simply made my lodgings e-reader compatible. I don't even need a case anymore!

Do you need some company?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote